What's new in GoTo Webinar?
Keep track of what's going on with GoTo Webinar and learn about our newest features and changes.
Dashboard – September 7, 2023
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.47.0) – September 6, 2023
- Remote control for attendees Admins can now configure the "Remote control for attendees" feature to choose between allowing organizers to choose if they want to let attendees have remote control and if so, there is an additional setting to allow attendees make the request. This feature is disabled by default. The following settings are available:
- Enabled - Organizers can choose to share control of their keyboard and mouse with attendees.
- Let organizers choose if attendees can request remote control access.
- Disabled - Organizers cannot share control of their keyboard or mouse in any session.
- Enabled - Organizers can choose to share control of their keyboard and mouse with attendees.
Attendee Report – June 28, 2023
- Staff details are available in the attendee report. Get a clearer picture of everyone in attendance, including your staff.
Emails – May 8, 2023
- Emails sent from GoTo Webinar (such as confirmation and registration emails) have a new look and feel. Emails include the same details with an improved layout to the session date and time, feature image, and content alignment
Emails – April 26, 2023
Settings – February 16, 2022
- The Play entry and exit chimes setting has to disabled by default for a less intrusive organizer experience
Dashboard – December 15, 2022
- Co-organizers can now own the webinar if the scheduling organizer is suspended or deleted from an account. Until a co-organizer does, no one will be able to register, start, or join the webinar
Note: If there are no co-organizers on the session and the organizer is removed from the account, the webinar will be lost.
Dashboard & Registration Pages – December 13, 2022
- Improvements have been made to the State and Country registration questions. These include:
- If organizers include State/Province as part of the registration questions, Country is automatically selected.
- Registrants must choose their Country/Region first before entering their State/Province.
- The State/Province list is filtered based on the country that is selected.
Dashboard – August 12, 2022
- Organizers can add up to 49 co-organizers and 50 panelists (100 staff members total) to a webinar
Note: If you need more co-organizers or panelists, you can have them register as an attendee and promote them to the co-organizer or panelist role during the session.
- Organizers can add up to 200 panelists to a virtual event
- Organizers can resend the virtual event invitation to panelists
- Translation improvements
Virtual Events – August 2, 2022
- Organizers can use Stripe to charge attendees to join their virtual events. Attendees will be prompted to pay during the registration process
- Fixed an issue where users saw a "Recording is processing" message for sessions that were not recorded
- Updated footer
Virtual Events – June 22, 2022
Virtual Events – June 15, 2022
Virtual Events – May 25, 2022
- Fixed an issue where attendees could not register for virtual events with more than 100 registrants
- Fixed an issue where co-organizers and speakers were not receiving reminder emails
Virtual Events – May 18, 2022
- Fixed an issue where attendees received follow-up emails for registered absentees
Virtual Events – April 12, 2022
- Organizers can choose to manually approve registrants for their virtual events
Virtual Events – March 16, 2022
Dashboard – March 15, 2022
- Dial in audio options have been removed for Russia and Belarus
- Russia and Belarus have been removed from the country list in Registration forms
LogMeIn is now GoTo – February 2, 2022
Dashboard – December 14, 2021
- Register Attendees in Bulk
- Organizers can upload registrants in bulk to their webinar events.
- Add Start and No End Dates to Recorded Events
- When organizers schedule a Recorded event, they can choose to schedule it with a start date and no end date. In this case, the event will be available for 1 year after the start date.
- Fixed an issue where organizers weren't able to upload videos from DropBox
- Co-organizers can delete recorded sessions from a virtual event
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
Virtual Events – November 23, 2021
- Add Recorded Sessions to a Virtual Event
add Recorded events (formerly known as "
Simulated Live webinars") to a virtual event. When adding the Recorded event, organizers can update the Q&A, Survey, Polls, and Handouts fields for that specific session.
Note: Scheduling organizers will be able to change the recording until the scheduled start time. Co-organizers do not have the ability to edit the recording.
- Improvements to Emails
- Event updates are sent to staff members (organizers and panelists) and registrants.
- Organizers can send event reminder emails to staff members.
- Follow-up emails are sent to registrants.
- Webinar event type descriptions have been updated in the dashboard
- Organizers are warned that additional licenses are needed when they try to schedule overlapping sessions
- Past virtual events are listed in reverse chronological order from most recent to oldest
- Organizers cannot edit past event details
- Fixed an issue where updating the timezone also changed the date and time
- Cosmetic improvement
Desktop App (v10.18.0, b19932) – November 22, 2021
- Support for Windows 11
- Users running Windows 11 can install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Learn more about the system requirements.
- Support for macOS 12 Monterey
- Users running macOS 12 Monterey can install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Running the new OS prompts you to allow screen recording when you share a screen or take a screenshot in GoToMeeting. If you deny and wish to give permission at a later time, you can do so in your computer's Security & Privacy preferences and restart the app. Learn more about the system requirements.
- Fixed an intermittent Windows issue where presenters could not share their full screen
- Fixed a Windows issue where the attendee's pre-session window was hidden behind the shared screen
- Users can discover and try the new GoTo from the GoToMeeting Suite
- Typo fix
Virtual Events – October 14, 2021
- New warning message for organizers who switch event types from Standard to Webcast
- Organizers cannot cancel a virtual event that is in progress
- Fixed an intermittent issue where filters were not applied when copying events
- Fixed an issue where the co-organizer's name appeared when copying events rather than the original scheduling organizer
- Fixed an issue where copied events mirrored past dates and times
- Cosmetic improvements and minor bug fixes
Virtual Events – September 28, 2021
Dashboard – September 21, 2021
- Ability to Switch Webinar Types
- Organizers now have the ability to switch their event from a Standard type to Webcast.
Profile Management Portal (v1.15.5) & Login Service – September 17, 2021
- Support for Multifactor Authentication
- Users now have the ability to set up multifactor authentication as an added layer of security when signing in to their GoTo account. Users can begin the enrollment process and manage their paired mobile devices within the "Enhanced Security" section on the Sign In & Security page at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once set up, the user will be prompted to enter a code from their authenticator app in order to access their GoTo product account going forward.
Note: If a user pairs their mobile device but disables the Enhanced Security setting, the user may still be prompted to verify their login via the paired multifactor authentication device (which is done via email verification when no device is paired) for security purposes when they sign in to their account.
Previously, multifactor authentication was only supported for GoToAssist Remote Support (v4 and v5) users. These existing users (who have already paired a mobile device with their account) will not be impacted by these changes, and their paired mobile devices will automatically be recognized and listed within the Sign In & Security page, now under the "Enhanced Security" section. However, those GoToAssist Remote Support users will still need to enable the Enhanced Security setting, which will improve their login security by leveraging multiple factor and risk-based scores.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.37.0) – August 27, 2021
- New & Refreshed User Roles
The user roles in the
GoTo Admin Center (classic) have been updated (within the User Details page, per user and on the Add Users page) to the following:
- (New!) Member – An end user with no GoTo Admin Center (classic) access (this role is newly listed but was previously applied when the "Administrator for this account" setting was disabled).
- Manager – A user with GoTo Admin Center (classic) access and selected permissions and specific groups. If no groups are selected, the manager can manage the selected permissions for all users in the account.
- Admin – A manager with all permissions except to manage other admins.
- Super Admin – An admin with all permissions, including managing other admins (this role has been renamed, and previously applied when the "Full access to all account privileges" setting was enabled).
- All permissions available for the Manager role remain unchanged (e.g., Add and Delete Users, Manage Products, etc.).
- Support for Multiple Subgroups and Assignments
The user groups in the
GoTo Admin Center (classic) now support assigning multiple subgroup levels (e.g., Group > Subgroup 1, Subgroup 2, Subgroup 3, etc.), and those subgroups can be assigned to either another subgroup or a parent group (e.g., Subgroup 3 can be assigned to Subgroup 2, Subgroup 1, or Group). Additionally, a tooltip will display the full list of group/subgroup(s) on both the User Details and Manage Users pages if the name of the group/subgroup exceeds the character limit.
Note: Each parent group and/or subgroup name must be unique.
- Previously, only a single subgroup could be created (e.g., Group > Subgroup), and each subgroup could only be assigned to a parent group (i.e., subgroups could not be assigned to other subgroups).
- If a user – who is already assigned to groups/subgroup(s) – has their user group assignment changed within User Details, the user will become unassigned from all existing groups/subgroup(s) and only assigned to the updated group/subgroup(s).
Dashboard – July 12, 2021
Desktop App (v10.17.0, b19785) – July 1, 2021
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when users joined a session
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when users shared webcams using a 3rd party service
- Fixed an issue where the "Unmute All" button did not unmute panelists
- Fixed an intermittent issue where attendees saw staff webcams before the broadcast started
Dashboard – April 30, 2021
Desktop App (v10.16.0, b19598) – April 26, 2021
- Desktop Notifications No Longer Supported
- Desktop notifications (for app upgrades, discounts, product information and news) is no longer supported. Stay up to date with the latest versions on this article.
- Additional Keyboard Shortcuts
- There are additional keyboard shortcuts available for audio and collapsing/expanding panes.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where a promoted organizer couldn't share their webcam
- Fixed an issue where the Control Panel became unresponsive during tests, polls, video sharing in full screen mode
- Fixed an intermittent issues where Windows co-organizers could not connect to audio after broadcast and recording had begun
- Fixed an issue where an undocked Windows Attendee list had resizing and scrolling problems
- Fixed an issue where Mac organizers saw "Too many people are unmuted" error
- In the case of a delayed session ending, shared components (webcam, audio, and screensharing) are deactivated quicker
- Presenters cannot share their screen while polls are in progress
- Updated copyright to 2021
Active Directory Connector (v188.8.131.527) – March 10, 2021
- Updated the text for "Jive PBX Extension" to "GoTo Connect PBX Extension" in the Edit attribute mapping configuration window.
- Fixed an issue in which the user was not able to resize the Active Directory Connector window.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.29.0) – January 15, 2021
- All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the GoTo Admin Center (classic):
- Seats has been changed to Products on the Manage Users page (for both the Filter category when filtering users and when assigning products to a bulk set of users), updating a user's account role , and within error messages.
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change on the Edit User page when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Logged in and loggedout have been updated to signed in and signed out on the Two-Factor Authentication pane in Admin Settings
- Added feature description to the Custom Field pane in Admin Settings. Learn more about managing custom fields.
- Updated User Status feature so that accurate messaging with further instruction is reflected within their status on both the Manage Users and User Details pages.
- Fixed issue in which the "Status" tooltip window was displayed as transparent on the Manage Users page.
- Fixed issue in which the Custom URL radio button can be selected within the Personal Meeting Room pane in Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which the account name value was missing in user invitation emails.
iOS App (v7.5.2) – Jan. 7, 2021
- When an iOS attendee joins a webinar late and a video is already playing, they will be taken to the current place in the video rather than the beginning
Desktop App (v10.15.0, b19228) – Jan 7, 2021
- Support for macOS Big Sur (11)
- Users running macOS Big Sur (11) can now download and install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Users running the new OS will be prompted to allow screen recording when they share a screen or take a screenshot in GoTo Webinar. If users choose Deny and wish to give permission at a later time, they can go into their computer's Security & Privacy preference pane to enable access and restart the GoTo Webinar app for the permission to take effect.
- Support for Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
- Mac users can now use keyboard shortcuts as an alternative way to do something you'd typically do with a mouse.
- Fixed an issue where uploaded videos were not available in the control panel