What's new in GoTo Webinar?
Keep track of what's going on with GoTo Webinar and learn about our newest features and changes.
Virtual Events – August 2, 2022
- Charge Attendees
- Organizers can use Stripe to charge attendees to join their virtual events. Attendees will be prompted to enter pay during the registration process.
- Fixed an issue where users saw a "Recording is processing" message for sessions that were not recorded
- Updated footer
Virtual Events – June 22, 2022
- Register Attendees in Bulk
- Organizers can upload registrants in bulk to their virtual events.
Virtual Events – June 15, 2022
Virtual Events – May 25, 2022
- Fixed an issue where attendees could not register for virtual events with more than 100 registrants
- Fixed an issue where co-organizers and speakers were not receiving reminder emails
Virtual Events – May 18, 2022
- Fixed an issue where attendees received follow-up emails for registered absentees
Virtual Events – April 12, 2022
- Manually Approve Registrants
- Organizers can choose to manually approve registrants for virtual events.
Virtual Events – March 16, 2022
- Live Stream a Session from a Virtual Event
- Organizers can live stream a live session from a virtual event to social platforms.
- Fixed an issue where copied events were not automatically displayed on the dashboard
Dashboard – March 15, 2022
- Dial in audio options have been removed for Russia and Belarus
- Russia and Belarus have been removed from the country list in Registration forms
LogMeIn is now GoTo – February 2, 2022
Dashboard – December 14, 2021
- Register Attendees in Bulk
- Organizers can upload registrants in bulk to their webinar events.
- Add Start and No End Dates to Recorded Events
- When organizers schedule a Recorded event, they can choose to schedule it with a start date and no end date. In this case, the event will be available for 1 year after the start date.
- Fixed an issue where organizers weren't able to upload videos from DropBox
- Co-organizers can delete recorded sessions from a virtual event
- Minor improvements and bug fixes
Virtual Events – November 23, 2021
- Add Recorded Sessions to a Virtual Event
add Recorded events (formerly known as "
Simulated Live webinars") to a virtual event. When adding the Recorded event, organizers can update the Q&A, Survey, Polls, and Handouts fields for that specific session.
Note: Scheduling organizers will be able to change the recording until the scheduled start time. Co-organizers do not have the ability to edit the recording.
- Improvements to Emails
- Event updates are sent to staff members (organizers and panelists) and registrants.
- Organizers can send event reminder emails to staff members.
- Follow-up emails are sent to registrants.
- Webinar event type descriptions have been updated in the dashboard
- Organizers are warned that additional licenses are needed when they try to schedule overlapping sessions
- Past virtual events are listed in reverse chronological order from most recent to oldest
- Organizers cannot edit past event details
- Fixed an issue where updating the timezone also changed the date and time
- Cosmetic improvement
Desktop App (v10.18.0, b19932) – November 22, 2021
- Support for Windows 11
- Users running Windows 11 can install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Learn more about the system requirements.
- Support for macOS 12 Monterey
- Users running macOS 12 Monterey can install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Running the new OS will prompt you to allow screen recording when you share a screen or take a screenshot in GoToMeeting. If you deny and wish to give permission at a later time, you can do so in your computer's Security & Privacy preferences and restart the app. Learn more about the system requirements.
- Fixed an intermittent Windows issue where presenters could not share their full screen
- Fixed a Windows issue where the attendee's pre-session window was hidden behind the shared screen
- Users can discover and try the new GoTo from the GoToMeeting Suite
- Typo fix
Virtual Events – October 14, 2021
- New warning message for organizers who switch event types from Standard to Webcast
- Organizers cannot cancel a virtual event that is in progress
- Fixed an intermittent issue where filters were not applied when copying events
- Fixed an issue where the co-organizer's name appeared when copying events rather than the original scheduling organizer
- Fixed an issue where copied events mirrored past dates and times
- Cosmetic improvements and minor bug fixes
Virtual Events – September 28, 2021
Dashboard – September 21, 2021
- Ability to Switch Webinar Types
- Organizers now have the ability to switch their event from a Standard type to Webcast.
Profile Management Portal (v1.15.5) & Login Service – September 17, 2021
- Support for Multifactor Authentication
- Users now have the ability to set up multifactor authentication as an added layer of security when signing in to their GoTo account. Users can begin the enrollment process and manage their paired mobile devices within the "Enhanced Security" section on the Sign In & Security page at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once set up, the user will be prompted to enter a code from their authenticator app in order to access their GoTo product account going forward.
Note: If a user pairs their mobile device but disables the Enhanced Security setting, the user may still be prompted to verify their login via the paired multifactor authentication device (which is done via email verification when no device is paired) for security purposes when they sign in to their account.
Previously, multifactor authentication was only supported for GoToAssist Remote Support (v4 and v5) users. These existing users (who have already paired a mobile device with their account) will not be impacted by these changes, and their paired mobile devices will automatically be recognized and listed within the Sign In & Security page, now under the "Enhanced Security" section. However, those GoToAssist Remote Support users will still need to enable the Enhanced Security setting, which will improve their login security by leveraging multiple factor and risk-based scores.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.37.0) – August 27, 2021
- New & Refreshed User Roles
The user roles in the
have been updated (within the User Details page, per user and on the Add Users page) to the following:
- (New!) Member – An end user with no access (this role is newly listed but was previously applied when the "Administrator for this account" setting was disabled).
- Manager – A user with access and selected permissions and specific groups. If no groups are selected, the manager can manage the selected permissions for all users in the account.
- Admin – A manager with all permissions except to manage other admins.
- Super Admin – An admin with all permissions, including managing other admins (this role has been renamed, and previously applied when the "Full access to all account privileges" setting was enabled).
- All permissions available for the Manager role remain unchanged (e.g., Add and Delete Users, Manage Products, etc.).
- Support for Multiple Subgroups and Assignments
The user groups in the
now support assigning multiple subgroup levels (e.g., Group > Subgroup 1, Subgroup 2, Subgroup 3, etc.), and those subgroups can be assigned to either another subgroup or a parent group (e.g., Subgroup 3 can be assigned to Subgroup 2, Subgroup 1, or Group). Additionally, a tooltip will display the full list of group/subgroup(s) on both the User Details and Manage Users pages if the name of the group/subgroup exceeds the character limit.
Note: Each parent group and/or subgroup name must be unique.
- Previously, only a single subgroup could be created (e.g., Group > Subgroup), and each subgroup could only be assigned to a parent group (i.e., subgroups could not be assigned to other subgroups).
- If a user – who is already assigned to groups/subgroup(s) – has their user group assignment changed within User Details, the user will become unassigned from all existing groups/subgroup(s) and only assigned to the updated group/subgroup(s).
Corporate Billing Portal – July 22, 2021
- Ability to Turn Off Automatic Renewal for Corporate Account Subscriptions
- Billing contacts now have the ability to turn off automatic renewal for their annual product subscriptions for their corporate account.
Dashboard – July 12, 2021
Desktop App (v10.17.0, b19785) – July 1, 2021
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when users joined a session
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when users shared webcams using a 3rd party service
- Fixed an issue where the "Unmute All" button did not unmute panelists
- Fixed an intermittent issue where attendees saw staff webcams before the broadcast started
Dashboard – April 30, 2021
Desktop App (v10.16.0, b19598) – April 26, 2021
- Desktop Notifications No Longer Supported
- Desktop notifications (for app upgrades, discounts, product information and news) is no longer supported. Stay up to date with the latest versions on this article.
- Additional Keyboard Shortcuts
- There are additional keyboard shortcuts available for audio and collapsing/expanding panes.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where a promoted organizer couldn't share their webcam
- Fixed an issue where the Control Panel became unresponsive during tests, polls, video sharing in full screen mode
- Fixed an intermittent issues where Windows co-organizers could not connect to audio after broadcast and recording had begun
- Fixed an issue where an undocked Windows Attendee list had resizing and scrolling problems
- Fixed an issue where Mac organizers saw "Too many people are unmuted" error
- In the case of a delayed session ending, shared components (webcam, audio, and screensharing) are deactivated quicker
- Presenters cannot share their screen while polls are in progress
- Updated copyright to 2021
Active Directory Connector (v184.108.40.2067) – March 10, 2021
- Updated the text for "Jive PBX Extension" to " PBX Extension" in the Edit attribute mapping configuration window.
- Fixed an issue in which the user was not able to resize the Active Directory Connector window.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.29.0) – January 15, 2021
- All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the :
- Seats has been changed to Products on the Manage Users page (for both the Filter category when filtering users and when assigning products to a bulk set of users), updating a user's account role , and within error messages.
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change on the Edit User page when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Logged in and loggedout have been updated to signed in and signed out on the Two-Factor Authentication pane in Admin Settings
- Added feature description to the Custom Field pane in Admin Settings. Learn more about managing custom fields.
- Updated User Status feature so that accurate messaging with further instruction is reflected within their status on both the Manage Users and User Details pages.
- Fixed issue in which the "Status" tooltip window was displayed as transparent on the Manage Users page.
- Fixed issue in which the Custom URL radio button can be selected within the Personal Meeting Room pane in Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which the account name value was missing in user invitation emails.
iOS App (v7.5.2) – Jan. 7, 2021
- When an iOS attendee joins a webinar late and a video is already playing, they will be taken to the current place in the video rather than the beginning
Desktop App (v10.15.0, b19228) – Jan 7, 2021
- Support for macOS Big Sur (11)
- Users running macOS Big Sur (11) can now download and install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Users running the new OS will be prompted to allow screen recording when they share a screen or take a screenshot in GoTo Webinar. If users choose Deny and wish to give permission at a later time, they can go into their computer's Security & Privacy preference pane to enable access and restart the GoTo Webinar app for the permission to take effect.
- Support for Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
- Mac users can now use keyboard shortcuts as an alternative way to do something you'd typically do with a mouse.
- Fixed an issue where uploaded videos were not available in the control panel
Dashboard – Dec. 17, 2020
- Ability to Upload and Share 20 Videos per Webinar
- Organizers can upload and share 20 videos per webinar. Previously, they were only able to share 5 videos.
- All GoTo Webinar communication emails now display the GoTo Boston address in the footer
- The Country list in Registration forms has been updated:
- French Polynesia
- Korea, Republic of (South Korea)
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.28.0) – November 16, 2020
- Updates to "Invite User" Flow
- Admins can now invite users that have an active profile in another account, and those users can choose to accept or decline the invitation. If accepted, their user profile will move to the new account, along with their session history, upcoming scheduled sessions, and recordings. If users do not take action, admins can resend the invitation or delete them. Previously, users (whose profiles already existed in our system) were required to contact GoTo Customer Care in order to transfer to a new account.
- Updates to Product Logos for User Statuses
Admins can now easily recognize users who have been invited to join their account but have not yet activated their account by the hollow product logos () displayed for the user under the Product status column on the Manage Users page. Alternatively, when the user joins the admin's account, their product logos are filled in (). Previously, the product logos were filled regardless of status. View more information about changing user statuses.
- The "Delete Users" window includes more details on how to retain user data if needed.
All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the :
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Invited has been changed to Invite sent under the user Status column
- Reinvite has been changed to Resend under the user Status column for re-sending the Welcome email invitation
Dashboard – Nov. 10, 2020
Desktop App (v10.14.0, b18962) – Nov. 4, 2020
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.27.0) – October 20, 2020
- Manage Report Access for Agents
Account admins can now
configure the "Access to recordings and reporting" pane in
Admin Settings to choose between allowing agents to access both session recordings and reporting for all users, or only allowing agents to access their own session recordings (which excludes reports). Previously, this account-wide setting could only be configured for session recordings, not reports.
Note: By default, admins are able to view all reports and session recordings for agents.
- Additionally, all existing accounts before this release will continue to be configured to allow all agents to access all recordings and reports, whereas all accounts created after this release will be configured to restrict agents to access only their own recordings and excludes access to reports. However, this account-wide restriction/allowance privilege can be changed for all users within the account's Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which scrolling through data displayed tables was not rendering properly when using Safari.
Profile Management Portal Service – October 23, 2020
- Other Ways to Sign In – Support for LastPass and Apple Accounts
- Users now have the ability to connect their LastPass and/or Apple account to their GoTo product user account at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once connected, users can sign in to their GoTo product account instantly by selecting their connected account on the product sign in screen or on the My Account page at https://myaccount.logmeininc.com. Previously, users could only connect their Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and/or Microsoft accounts.
Note: As before, if an account admin has enforced SAML SSO (Enterprise Sign-In) as the only sign-in method for all users on the account, those users will not be presented with any additional sign-in options.
Dashboard – Oct. 7, 2020
- Ability to turn off After Session Video
- Organizers can choose not to share or make the webinar recording available to attendees after the session at an account level (across all webinars). Currently, the recording is automatically added for webinars that are recorded online.
- Organizers can no longer charge attendees in Indian rupee
- The after-session GoTo Webinar survey has been updated
- Fixed an issue where some attendees received invalid certificate links
- Fixed an issue where custom registration settings (e.g., Join Limit, approval, notification) were switched back to the default
- Fixed an issue where the dashboard displayed "0 attended" rather than the correct number
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.26.0) – October 01, 2020
- Fixed issue that caused overlapping text when resizing the browser and GoToAssist Remote Support is listed among other products under the New User Settings Template pane.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.25.0) – September 30, 2020
- New Email Templates Available to All Admins
- All account admins are now enabled to use the new Welcome and Assignment Change email templates, which were introduced to most accounts in a previous release. Admins can view and configure these new email templates within Admin Settings under Email Customizations.
Desktop App (v10.13.1, b18705) – Sep. 25, 2020
- The Mac Recording Manager has been updated to use the OS API when converting recordings
- The Mac Recording Manager has an updated Daisy icon
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the app would crash due to bad connections
- Fixed an issue where mobile webcam feeds were rotated incorrectly
Android App (v3.12.2) – Sep. 24, 2020
- Fixed an intermittent issue where webcams did not display on Android devices
Dashboard – Sep. 24, 2020
Dashboard – Sep. 10, 2020
- Ability to restrict registration by email domains
- Organizers can restrict unsolicited attendees from registering for their webinar by email domain.
- Ability to search for webinars
- Organizers can search for webinars by using keywords or filtering dates.
- New help menu for organizers
- A new help menu (accessible by clicking the Question icon in the top menu) is available for organizers when they need getting started tips, free product training, Event Production services, and access to the support site. This help menu will replace the "Quick Tips" found under the Profile.
- Users can add Chinese characters in organizer and panelist names
- Fixed an issue where the dashboard did not reflect recordings that were removed in past webinars
Desktop App (v10.12.0, b18425) – Aug 3, 2020
- The Windows Recording Manager has been updated to use the OS API when converting recordings
- Fixed an issue where the Recording Managers sorted the recordings from oldest to newest
- Fixed an issue where texts overlapped in the Viewer
- Fixed an issue where Mac users hit a delay when accessing their meeting preferences
- Fixed an issue where the Windows app intermittently crashed when a user turned off their webcam or left the session
Desktop App and Instant Join App – June 30, 2020
- 25 webcams support
- Up to 25 webcams can be shared during a webinar.