How do I use Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint for closed captions?
GoTo Webinar does not currently support closed captioning; however, you can leverage Google Slides or Microsoft PowerPoint for real-time closed captions during your session.
Use Google Slides
- Open your presentation in Google Slides.If your presentation is hosted elsewhere, upload it to Google Slides.
- Click View > Present in the top menu to start presenting.
- Click Captions or the CC icon in the presenter toolbar.
- As you speak, the captions will appear in real time.
Use Microsoft PowerPoint
- Open your presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Click Slide Show in the top menu and check the "Always Use Subtitles" box.
- Use the Subtitle Settings drop-down menu to customize the language and location of the subtitles.
- Once you're in slide show mode, subtitles will automatically appear. Click the Toggle Subtitles icon in the presenter toolbar to turn it off and on.