Live Stream My Webinar to Other Platforms
Broadcast your webinar to third-party social platforms (e.g., Facebook Live, YouTube Live, etc.) so viewers can watch from there.
Live stream on Facebook and YouTube
First, create a Webcast webinar.
- Sign in to your account at https://dashboard.gotowebinar.com.
- Click Schedule + and create a Webcast webinar. Important: Live streaming currently only works for Webcast webinar events.
Set up your live streaming event.
- In your preferred streaming platform, set up your event.
Get the streaming details from social platforms.
- Find the Stream Key and Stream URL in the streaming platform.
- If you set up an event in Facebook, find the upcoming live video and click Set Up Live Video. In the Get Started section, click Use Stream Key. Take note of the Server URL and Stream Key.
- If you set up an event in YouTube, log in and find the upcoming live video. In the Stream Settings section, take note of the Stream URL and Stream Key.
Copy the streaming details to your GoTo Webinar event.
- In the GoTo Webinar dashboard, open the event details.
- Click Settings.
- Under Live Streaming, click + Configure by the preferred streaming platform. Note: Custom streaming platforms require the streaming service title and streaming page URL.
- Enter the Stream Key and Stream URL found in step #4 and click Save.
Start the webinar and live stream.
- When it's time, start and broadcast the webinar.
- In the GoTo Webinar dashboard, notice the Start button has been replaced with a Live Stream button.
- Click Live Stream and start the broadcast for the configurations you made previously.
- To stop the live stream, click Stop Broadcast next to the platform.
- When you're ready, end the webinar.