This feature is in public beta.
Stop giving out your personal phone number just so that you can text with colleagues and clients. Users with SMS (Short Message Service) permissions have the ability to send text messages from their business number with GoToConnect and Jive Mobile.
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Phone Numbers in the left sidebar and then click the phone number that needs SMS enabled.
3. From the SMS tab > SMS Administration section, select the user that will send SMS messages from this phone number.
4. Select the newly added user and then check Enable SMS (Permissions). Limit SMS permissions to one user per phone number.
5. Click [SAVE]. It can take ≈20 minutes before SMS is fully functional.
Tip: To remove a user’s SMS permissions, hover over the user and then click the trash icon.