- Dial *72 from your desk phone, GoToConnect desktop or mobile.
This will override any call forwarding settings configured from the
. Calls are still forwarded if the phone goes offline afterward.
- When you hear a dial tone, enter the internal extension or external phone number you want calls forwarded to.
If your system admin has enabled
Block Caller ID
on the phone number used by your line, your caller ID will remain blocked when forwarding to an external phone number.
- Hang up.
- To turn off call forwarding, dial *73 from your phone and hang up. This does not disable any call forwarding settings configured from the phone’s menu.
|Find Me/Follow Me
||For an advanced alternative to call forwarding, see the Find Me Follow Me Settings in GoToConnect.
||See your phone guide to learn how to forward calls on your phone.
||Create a new call forwarding dial plan
Route phone number to your call forwarding dial plan
- Click Dial Plans in the left sidebar and then click Add Dial Plan.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Enter a Name for the dial plan.
- Click and then click the new dial plan to open the editor.
- Choose the External Number template.
- Enter the phone number you'd like to forward all calls to in the node.
- Choose how you'd like to receive voicemails:
- If you'd like voicemails to be left on the external phone number's mailbox, remove the Leave Voicemail node and change the timeout to 60 seconds.
- If you'd like voicemails to be left on an internal extension, choose the extension in the Leave Voicemail node.
- Click Save.
- Click Phone Numbers in the left sidebar.
- Click in-line for the phone number you'd like to route to the new dial plan.
- From Route to, search for and select the new dial plan.
- Click .