How do I add a voicemail greeting?
Record from Your Phone
Use this option to record a voicemail greeting from the softphone or your physical deskphone. You do not need any admin permissions for this option.
- Press the voicemail button on your phone or dial *98 or *99 from your phone to access the voicemail menu. You will be prompted for your password. Tip:
- If you have never changed your voicemail password, the default password is 0000.
- If you have forgotten your password, it can be located in GoTo Admin under (or the type of extension you are using), then choose the extension and select .
- Press 0 for Mailbox Options.
- Record the desired greeting type:
- Press 1 for Unavailable Message: Default, most common.
- Press 2 for Busy Message: Alternate greeting for use in a dial plan only.
- Press 3 for Name recording: Plays the recorded name followed by an automated message (only plays if no unavailable message exists).
- Press 4 for Temporary Message: When recorded, this message overrides any other greetings until it is deleted.
- Follow the voice prompts to accept, review, or re-record the recording.
Record/Upload in Portal
- If you are not already, sign in to your admin portal.
- From Phone system, select Direct extensions (also known as a line), Ring groups, or Shared voicemail, and then select the specific extension that needs a new or updated voicemail greeting.
, select the upload or record icon next to the desired greeting type:
- Busy Message: Alternate greeting for use in a dial plan only.
- Unavailable Message: Default, most common.
- Temporary Message: When recorded, this message overrides any other greetings until it is deleted.
- If you chose the record option, you will need to choose a volume normalization level after saving the recording.
- Select Save or Apply.