How do I set up my email notifications and other voicemail options?
Set up your voicemail box with custom greetings, email notifications, retrieval options, and more.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com.
- Click in the left sidebar and then choose Settings.
- From Voicemail, check Enable voicemail-to-email notifications and then enter the email address to receive new message notifications. Note: You can only send notifications to a single email address. To deliver notifications to a group, use an email alias (e.g., firstname.lastname@example.org) or create an auto-forward rule in your email client.Tip: Use a specially formatted email address provided by your cell phone carrier to send notifications via text message (SMS). Check with your carrier for more details.
- Turn on Email voicemail recordings and then choose the format:
Option Description .wav49 Smaller file size (default, recommended). .wav Larger file size, better compatibility with mobile devices.
- Turn on Delete messages after emailing voicemail. Note: Deletion is permanent (we cannot retrieve deleted messages) and will prevent voicemail management from a phone, GoToConnect, and our mobile app.
- Turn on Allow message review to give your callers the option to press # to listen to their message and optionally re-record it. Note: There is no prompt for callers to press # after recording their voicemail. Make sure to include these instructions in the voicemail greeting.
- Turn on Escape to operator and then choose an extension to allow your callers to press 0 to be transferred, rather than leaving a message.
- Click Change password to change your voicemail password.
- The default password is 0000.
- Your password must be at least four digits.