How do I set up my email notifications and other voicemail options?
Set up your voicemail box with custom greetings, email notifications, retrieval options, and more.
- Log in to the desktop or web app.
- Select your profile picture in the top right and then choose Settings.
- Expand Voice in the left sidebar and then select Voicemail.
- From Notifications, enable Voicemail-to-email and then enter your email address to receive new message notifications. Note: You can only send notifications to a single email address. To deliver notifications to a group, use an email alias (e.g., email@example.com) or create an auto-forward rule in your email client.Note: Email communications will be sent from @goto.com, @jive.com or @jivecommunications.com. Please ensure these domains are allowed so that emails are not automatically filtered as spam.Tip: Use a specially formatted email address provided by your cell phone carrier to send notifications via text message (SMS). Check with your carrier for more details.
- Enable Attach voicemail recording and then choose the format:
Option Description .wav49 Smallest file size, won’t play directly from browser (default). .wav Largest file size, more compatible with mobile devices. .mp3 Smaller file size.
- Enable Delete messages after emailing. Note: Deletion is permanent (we cannot retrieve deleted messages) and will prevent voicemail management from a phone, GoTo, and our mobile app.
- From Voicemail box, enable Voicemail transcription to review voicemail transcriptions in the GoTo mobile app or from your voicemail email notification.
- Enable Message review to give your callers the option to press # to listen to their message and optionally re-record it. Note: There is no prompt for callers to press # after recording their voicemail. Make sure to include these instructions in the voicemail greeting.
- Enable Escape to operator and then choose an extension to allow your callers to press 0 to be transferred, rather than leaving a message.
- Select Change password to change your voicemail password.
- The default password is 0000.
- Your password must be at least four digits.