How do I set up Shared Line Appearance (SLA)?
Share a single line with up to eight phones so you can quickly move 2-way calls around.Use this quick and easy setup tool to get started if you have less than 50 seats.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I change the settings on a direct extension?
Before you begin:
- You must have Admin or Super admin permissions.
- This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Yealink, Polycom VVX only.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Lines in the left navigation menu and then select Add Line.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- If the line that needs to be shared already exists, skip to steps 5-6 to enable Shared Line, and then power cycle all devices that share the line.
- Enter a Name for the line. You can override this with the button label.
- Select and then select the new line to configure its settings.
- From , set the Name field to Use and then enter the desired name for the shared line.
- Enable Shared Line.
- Select Save.
Note: The line will have the SLA icon next to its extension number throughout the admin portal.
- Select Devices in the left navigation menu and then choose the phone that needs the shared line added to one of its line keys.
- From Button Configuration, check Allow this device to monitor the presence of other devices.
- Select Line and then choose the newly created Shared Line extension.
- Edit the button label. The button label overrides the line name.
- Select Save.
- Repeat with additional shared lines as needed.
What to do next: Power cycle the phone to apply the changes.