How do I use an auto attendant in a dial plan?
Provide callers with more customized options.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new admin experience. The article below is meant for admins who use https://my.jive.com/pbx to administer their account. If you're an admin who uses https://admin.goto.com, please visit our GoTo Admin support site for help.
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Dial Plans in the left sidebar and then click the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Auto Attendant node in the left sidebar to the desired spot on the canvas.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Auto Attendant node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following settings:
Setting Description Choose Select the sound clip that will play. Timeout Enter the time (in seconds) that the caller has to select an option before going to the “On timeout go to” call flow (time begins after the sound clip ends). Allow Extension Dialing If checked, the caller can dial (at any time) and be routed to any system extension. A dialed auto attendant option will take precedence over a dialed extension. On timeout The caller is routed to this call flow if no option is dialed during the timeout period. On invalid The caller is routed to this call flow if an invalid option is dialed. Dialable Options Enter the dialable codes from which the caller can choose. Dialable codes can be numbers, #, *, or any combination. Add Option Adds dialable option rows. There is no limit to the number of options that be added.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Click Save.