What's new in the GoTo App?
Keep track of what's going on with the GoTo Application and learn more about the newest features and changes.
Meetings & Trainings – September 21, 2022
- Test Your Microphone
- You can test your microphone by speaking into the mic and checking the volume meter.
- Fixed an issue where private chat notifications were displayed during screen sharing
- Fixed an issue where the virtual background image was stretched for some MacBook Pro users
- Fixed an issue where users stayed in the breakout room format after the organizer ended it
- Fixed an issue where Mac users with the M2 chip could not use virtual backgrounds
- Fixed an issue where web attendees were locked out of the meeting after joining and refreshing their page
Meetings – September 14, 2022
- Take Notes during the Meeting
take notes during the
meeting and view them afterwards.
Note: Only the scheduling organizer can take notes.
Meetings & Trainings – September 5, 2022
- Mirror Your Video
- You can disable the "Mirror your video" setting to view an un-mirrored image of your video.
- Fixed an issue where frequent chat messages slowed down app performance
- Fixed an issue where the Skip preview setting did not persist in a future session
- Unplugging a webcam device will not automatically share another device
- Chat list is now sorted by group and alphabetically
- Improvements to device permission messages
Meetings – August 23, 2022
- The Join field displays a list of recently joined meetings
- Fixed a formatting issue for users who copied the invitation details to Outlook
- Fixed an issue where selecting the Upcoming tab did not display session
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.42.11) – August 19, 2022
- New GoTo experience setting
Admins can choose how they want to
transition their users to the new GoTo app. The settings in the
classic GoTo Admin Center have been updated to the following:
- Required – Organizers will automatically use the GoTo app for future meetings. They will not be able to opt out from the GoTo Meeting Hub. You can choose to send users the app download link manually (by copying and pasting the download link) or automatically via email.
- Enabled by default – Organizers will automatically use the GoTo app for future meetings. This option is not yet available. You can choose to send users the app download link manually (by copying and pasting the download link) or automatically via email.
- Disabled by default – Organizers will need to download the new GoTo app and enable it from the Hub.
- Fully disabled – Organizers cannot download and use the GoTo app.
Meetings & Trainings – August 18, 2022
GoTo App – August 3, 2022
- The GoTo app may require user approval to automatically update to the newest version
Meetings – August 3, 2022
- Start an Instant Meeting
- Organizers can start a meeting instantly without scheduling it in advance. This meeting uses a randomly generated 9-digit ID.
- Use GoTo Quick Actions in the System Tray
- Right-click the GoTo icon in the system tray to quickly start an instant meeting, schedule a meeting, and view upcoming meetings.
- Breakout rooms is no longer in beta
- Fixed an issue where the personalized meeting link did not appear in the meeting invite
GoTo Mobile App (v2022.07.01) – August 1, 2022
- Use Quick Reactions
- Mobile users can react with emojis to participate without speaking.
Meetings & Trainings – July 26, 2022
- Automatically Download Chat Messages
- Users can automatically download chat messages to their Downloads folder as a .txt file after the meeting is over. Once this setting is enabled, it will be remembered for all future meetings.
- Access Camera-Sharing Menu
- Users can select Camera to automatically share their default webcam device or select the drop-down menu to access other camera options. Options include the ability to:
- Updated zoom controls (zoom in, fit window, and zoom out options)
- Take screenshot icon has been moved above the zoom controls
- Users can be resize the camera grid in the flexible layout
- Meetings details in the top toolbar can be copied to clipboard
- Virtual background is collapsed by default on the Camera preview screen
- The Camera previewscreen includes a link to explain why some sessions cannot skip the preview
- Organizers are displayed first in the webcam tiles
- Users are shown steps to troubleshoot their camera and audio from the Settings pane
- The "Show new chat messages" setting has been renamed to "Show a desktop notification when a new chat arrives"
- ChromaCam has been updated to v3.1.0 which includes 360p input
Meetings & Trainings – July 12, 2022
- Report Issues
- Users can report audio, screen-sharing, and camera issues during the meeting.
Meetings – July 11, 2022
- Fixed an issue where users could not use virtual backgrounds
Meetings & Trainings - June 23, 2022
- Save Chat Logs
- Users can manually save meeting chat logs as a .txt file.
- Fixed an issue where users could not recording meetings
Meetings – June 12, 2022
- Improvements to Session Recordings
- Caption settings have been consolidated to the CC icon.
- Playback rates are available.
- Cosmetic improvements have been made.
iOS app (v1.0.63) & Android app (v0.0.1626) – May 13, 2022
- Sync Local Device Calendar
- You can sync your local device calendar app to the GoTo mobile app and view all your upcoming meetings directly in the app.
Meetings & Trainings - April 26, 2022
Meetings - March 30, 2022
- Delete meeting recordings
- When you no longer need a meeting recording, delete the meeting from your account in GoTo.
Meetings - March 22, 2022
- Switch to the GoTo desktop app from the web
- If you joined a meeting from the web, you can switch to the desktop app during the session to access all the features GoTo offers.
- Fixed an issue where the Share something else option in presenter mode caused the GoTo app to be unresponsive
- Fixed an issue when moving an attendee to multiple breakout rooms in under 10 seconds caused the dialogue box to not close and the time to go negative
- For meetings with more than 25 attendees, the Active Webcams camera mode is the default view
Meetings - March 14, 2022
- Skip Mic and Camera Preview
- Join a meeting quicker by skipping the mic and camera preview.
Audio – March 10, 2022
- Dial in and Call Me audio options have been removed for Russia and Belarus
Meetings & Trainings – March 7, 2022
- Share Browser Media Audio
- Presenters on a browser can include media audio when sharing their screen.
Meetings & Trainings - March 3, 2022
- Breakout rooms is no longer in beta and available to all organizers
- In-session layout improvements
- The grab tab and panel position changes are saved for the next screen sharing
- Users joining from a browser are taken to the Camera preview screen after joining a session rather than the pre-session audio flow
Meetings – February 17, 2022
- Users can start or join Rooms meetings in one click using the Start icon
- Meetings created without a title automatically applies "New meeting" as the default title
- Improvements to upcoming meeting notifications
- Improvements to the "Starts in" and "Started" status messages in upcoming meetings
Recordings - February 11, 2022
- Support for FullHD (1080P) cameras
1080p cameras shared during meetings are captured and shown in the cloud recording.
Meetings & Trainings - February 7, 2022
- Give Attendees Remote Control
- Allow others to move the mouse around their screen and use their keyboard for added collaboration. Learn more.
LogMeIn is now GoTo – February 2, 2022
Messages – February 3, 2022
- Ability to Send Direct Messages
- Users can send direct and channel messages with others in their account and go from chatting to video in one click.
Meeting URLs - February 2, 2022
- New Meeting URL Link Formats
- The format of meeting links is meet.goto.com. Learn more.
Meetings - January 31, 2022
- Share Chats in Recordings
- Organizers can choose to share chats as part of a recorded meeting.
Meetings – December 16, 2021
- Ability to Record to Your Computer
Organizers on the
GoTo desktop app can
record to their local hard drive.
Note: Recordings are currently saved as .WEBM files in your computer's Documents folder.
Meetings & Trainings – December 1, 2021
- Presenter Mode
- Presenters can go into Presenter mode to shrink the control panel and access the main in-session features from a grab tab.
Meetings – November 29, 2021
- Ability to Include Media Sound
- While sharing a video or audio clip, presenters can include the media sound coming from their computer with attendees.
Meetings – November 25, 2021
- Users can view upcoming sessions within a 3 day, 7 day, and 30 day time frame
- Personal meeting room is displayed as "My room"
- Sorting improvements to the invitee list
- Cosmetic improvements
Meetings – September 28, 2021
- Ability to React
- You can use reactions to quickly participate without speaking.
Meetings – September 15, 2021
- Ability to Pin a Participant's Camera
- You can pin a participant's camera to be enlarged on your screen.
- Session participants can hide their own cameras from being displayed on their window. Please note cameras will continue to be shared with other attendees.
- Full names have been removed from the More drop-down options in the People pane.
- Fixed an issue where camera lights turned on when users opened and closed the Camera pane without sharing.
Meetings – August 18, 2021
- GoTo App Open Beta
- Users can download the new GoTo experience and enjoy the new meeting experience!
- Ability to Edit Meeting Settings
- Meeting settings are now available in GoTo. To access your settings, click the Profile icon and Settings.
- Ability to Connect Office 365 and Google calendars
- Users can connect their Office 365 and Google calendars to view all sessions from GoTo.
- Improvements to Scheduling Meetings
- Improvements have been to scheduling meetings including:
- GoTo is hidden while screen sharing
- 1:1 sessions (i.e., 2 attendees total) support 1920x1080px (1080p)
- You can join a meeting in one click from the main screen
Meetings – August 12, 2021
- Text updates to "Waiting to join" to prevent truncation
- Breakout rooms now show how much time has lapsed since starting
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge users couldn't share their screen after canceling the first time
- Fixed an issue where users without microphone and speaker devices get stuck in the pre-session audio screen
- Fixed an issue where the shared screen tile was small for attendees
- Fixed an intermittent issue where presenters lost screen and camera sharing
- Cosmetic fixes for icons
Meetings – July 22, 2021
- Improvements to Viewing Upcoming Meetings
Improvements have been to viewing upcoming meetings including:
- Upcoming and Rooms meetings have been split into two tabs
- Ability to collapse and expand upcoming meetings by date
- Ability to filter upcoming meetings by date range
- Meet tab has been renamed to "Meetings"
- "Learn more" link has been added to breakout rooms
- Translation improvements
Meet – July 8, 2021
- Improvements to Chat
Improvements have been made to the chatting feature including:
- Drafted messages are remembered when users close and open the Chat pane
- Long messages are wrapped
- All attendees receive chats (if sent to everyone)
- The Chat To field has been updated to "Organizer(s) only" and "Presenter only"
- Users who are not logged in can change the display language during the session
- The "Sign in" and "Join" buttons are more visible to users in the pre-session window
- Join updates have been made for users who launch from an unsupported browser
- Users are prompted with a permission window only after remote control is granted
- Resolution improvements when window is resized
- Fixed an issue where the Chat pane did not automatically display the most recent message
- Fixed an intermittent issue where webcams stopped sharing without displaying an error message
Meet – June 7, 2021
- Improvements to Breakout Rooms
Improvements have been to made to breakout rooms. These include:
- Main room is titled
- Attendees cannot chat the organizer if they were not in the room
- Cosmetic and formatting updates
- Fixed an issue where users lost audio when they opened and closed the Settings pane
- Fixed an issue where new audio device was not detected and used during the session
- Fixed an issue where organizers weren't prompted with the "Exit the meeting" dialog during a breakout
- Fixed an issue where raised hands were out of order during a breakout
- Fixed an intermittent issue where Mac users shared their screen without the app displaying it
- Fixed an issue where users could not scroll through camera feed when switching from top to left
- Fixed an intermittent issue where users' cameras were turned off without notification
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the primary controls broke when the browser font size was changed
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.33.0) – June 02, 2021
- New Feature Setting for Using the GoTo Application
- Admins whose accounts have opted-in to the Early Access Program can choose to enable/disable the new feature setting for "New GoTo single application experience", which can be enabled per individual user and/or user group. Learn more about the GoTo Application Early Access Program.
Train – May 26, 2021
- Fixed an issue where attendee attentiveness was not calculated correctly
Meet – May 26, 2021
- Improvements to in-session meeting experience
Improvements have been to made to the in-session meeting experience. Improvements include:
- Enhanced flow for leaving meetings
- The "X is screensharing" label fades after 10 seconds of mouse inactivity
- Localization improvement during breakout rooms
- Breakout room timer is displayed to attendees
- Audio statistics now available
Users can view audio statistics in the Settings pane.
Note: This is a technically advanced report understood mostly by admins.
- Fixed an issue where the app showed an inactive speaker as actively speaking
- Fixed an issue where attendees were shown a "The organizer has ended the meeting" message when they left the session
- Fixed an issue where users couldn't delete a join link from the Meeting ID field using keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl or Cmd + A + Backspace)
Meet – May 17, 2021
- Improvements to scheduling meetings
Improvements have been to made to scheduling meetings. Improvements include:
- Ability to let attendees start the meeting (GTMTWO-609064)
- The "Join a meeting" button is available on all screens
- The format of the date matches the account locale and language
Meet – April 19, 2021
- Ability to break out attendees into multiple rooms
- Organizers can use breakout rooms (up to 50 rooms) during the meeting.
Meet – February 9, 2021
- Ability to view hand queue
- Users can view the order of hands that were raised (up to 5 hands).
Meet – January 18, 2021
- Ability to raise hands during a meeting
- Users can raise their hand to grab the organizer's attention or as a quick polling option.