What's new in the GoTo App?
Keep track of what's going on with the GoTo Application and learn more about the newest features and changes.
Meetings & Trainings - April 26, 2022
Meetings - March 30, 2022
- Delete meeting recordings
- When you no longer need a meeting recording, delete the meeting from your account in GoTo.
Meetings - March 22, 2022
- Switch to the GoTo desktop app from the Web
- If you joined a meeting from the web, you can switch to the desktop app during the session to access all the features GoTo offers.
- Fixed an issue where the Share something else option in presenter mode caused the GoTo app to be unresponsive
- Fixed an issue when moving an attendee to multiple breakout rooms in under 10 seconds caused the dialogue box to not close and the time to go negative
- For meetings with more than 25 attendees, the Active Webcams camera mode is the default view
Meetings - March 14, 2022
- Skip Mic and Camera Preview
- Join a meeting quicker by skipping the mic and camera preview.
Audio – March 10, 2022
- Dial in and Call Me audio options have been removed for Russia and Belarus
Meetings & Trainings – March 7, 2022
- Share Browser Media Audio
- Presenters on a browser can include media audio when sharing their screen.
Meetings & Trainings - March 3, 2022
- Breakout rooms is no longer in beta and available to all organizers
- In-session layout improvements
- The grab tab and panel position changes are saved for the next screen sharing
- Users joining from a browser are taken to the Camera preview screen after joining a session rather than the pre-session audio flow
Meetings – February 17, 2022
- Users can start or join Rooms meetings in one click using the Start icon
- Meetings created without a title automatically applies "New meeting" as the default title
- Improvements to upcoming meeting notifications
- Improvements to the "Starts in" and "Started" status messages in upcoming meetings
Recordings - February 11, 2022
- Support for FullHD (1080P) cameras
1080p cameras shared during meetings are captured and shown in the cloud recording.
Meetings & Trainings - February 7, 2022
- Give Attendees Remote Control
- Allow others to move the mouse around their screen and use their keyboard for added collaboration. Learn more.
LogMeIn is now GoTo – February 2, 2022
Messages – February 3, 2022
- Ability to Send Direct Messages
- Users can send direct and channel messages with others in their account and go from chatting to video in one click.
Meeting URLs - February 2, 2022
- New Meeting URL Link Formats
- The format of meeting links is meet.goto.com. Learn more.
Meetings - January 31, 2022
- Share Chats in Recordings
- Organizers can choose to share chats as part of a recorded meeting.
Meetings – December 16, 2021
- Ability to Record to Your Computer
Organizers on the GoTo desktop app can
record to their local hard drive.
Note: Recordings are currently saved as .WEBM files in your computer's Documents folder.
Meetings & Trainings – December 1, 2021
- Presenter Mode
- Presenters can go into Presenter mode to shrink the control panel and access the main in-session features from a grab tab.
Meetings – November 29, 2021
- Ability to Include Media Sound
- While sharing a video or audio clip, presenters can include the media sound coming from their computer with attendees.
Meetings – November 25, 2021
- Users can view upcoming sessions within a 3 day, 7 day, and 30 day time frame
- Personal meeting room is displayed as "My room"
- Sorting improvements to the invitee list
- Cosmetic improvements
Meetings – September 28, 2021
- Ability to React
- You can use reactions to quickly participate without speaking.
Meetings – September 15, 2021
- Ability to Pin a Participant's Camera
- You can pin a participant's camera to be enlarged on your screen.
- Session participants can hide their own cameras from being displayed on their window. Please note cameras will continue to be shared with other attendees.
- Full names have been removed from the More drop-down options in the People pane.
- Fixed an issue where camera lights turned on when users opened and closed the Camera pane without sharing.
Meetings – August 18, 2021
- GoTo App Open Beta
- Users can download the new GoTo experience and enjoy the new meeting experience!
- Ability to Edit Meeting Settings
- Meeting settings are now available in GoTo. To access your settings, click the Profile icon and Settings.
- Ability to Connect Office 365 and Google calendars
- Users can connect their Office 365 and Google calendars to view all sessions from GoTo.
- Improvements to Scheduling Meetings
- Improvements have been to scheduling meetings including:
- GoTo is hidden while screen sharing
- 1:1 sessions (i.e., 2 attendees total) support 1920x1080px (1080p)
- You can join a meeting in one click from the main screen
Meetings – August 12, 2021
- Text updates to "Waiting to join" to prevent truncation
- Breakout rooms now show how much time has lapsed since starting
- Fixed an issue where Microsoft Edge users couldn't share their screen after canceling the first time
- Fixed an issue where users without microphone and speaker devices get stuck in the pre-session audio screen
- Fixed an issue where the shared screen tile was small for attendees
- Fixed an intermittent issue where presenters lost screen and camera sharing
- Cosmetic fixes for icons
Meetings – July 22, 2021
- Improvements to Viewing Upcoming Meetings
Improvements have been to viewing upcoming meetings including:
- Upcoming and Rooms meetings have been split into two tabs
- Ability to collapse and expand upcoming meetings by date
- Ability to filter upcoming meetings by date range
- Meet tab has been renamed to "Meetings"
- "Learn more" link has been added to breakout rooms
- Translation improvements
Meet – July 8, 2021
- Improvements to Chat
Improvements have been made to the chatting feature including:
- Drafted messages are remembered when users close and open the Chat pane
- Long messages are wrapped
- All attendees receive chats (if sent to everyone)
- The Chat To field has been updated to "Organizer(s) only" and "Presenter only"
- Users who are not logged in can change the display language during the session
- The "Sign in" and "Join" buttons are more visible to users in the pre-session window
- Join updates have been made for users who launch from an unsupported browser
- Users are prompted with a permission window only after remote control is granted
- Resolution improvements when window is resized
- Fixed an issue where the Chat pane did not automatically display the most recent message
- Fixed an intermittent issue where webcams stopped sharing without displaying an error message
Meet – June 7, 2021
- Improvements to Breakout Rooms
Improvements have been to made to breakout rooms. These include:
- Main room is titled
- Attendees cannot chat the organizer if they were not in the room
- Cosmetic and formatting updates
- Fixed an issue where users lost audio when they opened and closed the Settings pane
- Fixed an issue where new audio device was not detected and used during the session
- Fixed an issue where organizers weren't prompted with the "Exit the meeting" dialog during a breakout
- Fixed an issue where raised hands were out of order during a breakout
- Fixed an intermittent issue where Mac users shared their screen without the app displaying it
- Fixed an issue where users could not scroll through camera feed when switching from top to left
- Fixed an intermittent issue where users' cameras were turned off without notification
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the primary controls broke when the browser font size was changed
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.33.0) – June 02, 2021
- New Feature Setting for Using the GoTo Application
- Admins whose accounts have opted-in to the Early Access Program can choose to enable/disable the new feature setting for "New GoTo single application experience", which can be enabled per individual user and/or user group. Learn more about the GoTo Application Early Access Program.
Train – May 26, 2021
- Fixed an issue where attendee attentiveness was not calculated correctly
Meet – May 26, 2021
- Improvements to in-session meeting experience
Improvements have been to made to the in-session meeting experience. Improvements include:
- Enhanced flow for leaving meetings
- The "X is screensharing" label fades after 10 seconds of mouse inactivity
- Localization improvement during breakout rooms
- Breakout room timer is displayed to attendees
- Audio statistics now available
Users can view audio statistics in the Settings pane.
Note: This is a technically advanced report understood mostly by admins.
- Fixed an issue where the app showed an inactive speaker as actively speaking
- Fixed an issue where attendees were shown a "The organizer has ended the meeting" message when they left the session
- Fixed an issue where users couldn't delete a join link from the Meeting ID field using keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl or Cmd + A + Backspace)
Meet – May 17, 2021
- Improvements to scheduling meetings
Improvements have been to made to scheduling meetings. Improvements include:
- Ability to let attendees start the meeting (GTMTWO-609064)
- The "Join a meeting" button is available on all screens
- The format of the date matches the account locale and language
Meet – April 19, 2021
- Ability to break out attendees into multiple rooms
- Organizers can use breakout rooms (up to 50 rooms) during the meeting.
Meet – February 9, 2021
- Ability to view hand queue
- Users can view the order of hands that were raised (up to 5 hands).
Meet – January 18, 2021
- Ability to raise hands during a meeting
- Users can raise their hand to grab the organizer's attention or as a quick polling option.