How do I change my webcam background?
You can customize, replace, or blur your webcam background during meetings with a third-party service, ChromaCam! If you have a paid GoToMeeting account, you can use your credentials to download and access ChromaCam Pro for free.
|OS||Windows 7-10 or macOS Mojave (10.14) or newer|
|Processor||Intel 6th gen i5 quad-core or higher processor running at 3.3GHz or higher|
|Memory||4GB + RAM|
|Webcam||Any RGB webcam (e.g., embedded computer webcam)|
Download ChromaCam Pro
Your GoToMeeting account comes with ChromaCam Pro. If you do not see the "Custom background" setting, your admin may have disabled the feature. Please reach out to your account admin to enable it.
Note: You need admin rights to install ChromaCam. If you cannot install ChromaCam, please contact your IT admin.
- Log in to your account at https://global.gotomeeting.com.
- Click the Settings icon in the left menu.
- Scroll and open Custom Background, and click Download ChromaCam.
- Go through the installation flow.
- To access ChromaCam Pro, sign in using your GoToMeeting credentials and Allow LogMeIn to connect to ChromaCam.
- The next time you join or host a meeting, ChromaCam will be available as a webcam device.
Use ChromaCam during a meeting
We recommend testing your webcam before the meeting to choose your preferred background or filter.
- Start or join a meeting.
- Click the Settings icon In the top menu.
- In the Webcam drop-down menu, click ChromaCam.
- Your webcam background will automatically blur.
Note: You can change the blur level in the settings, choose other filters or upload your own customized background.
- Click the Camera icon in GoToMeeting to begin sharing.
What if my computer starts to lag?
If you are experiencing low bandwidth or the GoToMeeting app lags, follow these best practices. Learn more tips and tricks or view ChromaCam's FAQs.
- If you are using the blur filter, lower the blurriness level or switch to another background.
- Close other applications in the background.
- Switch back to your standard camera.