How do I change my webcam background?
You can customize, replace or blur your webcam background during meetings with a third-party service, ChromaCam! If you have a paid GoToMeeting account, you can use your credentials to download and access ChromaCam Pro for free. If you are an attendee joining someone else's meeting (i.e., you do not have your own GoToMeeting account), you can download ChromaCam Lite for free.
Note: We recommend hosting or joining from the desktop app if you plan on using ChromaCam. Please check for ChromaCam updates on a regular basis.
- Hardware Recommendations
- Download ChromaCam Pro
- Use ChromaCam during a meeting
- What if my computer starts to lag?
|OS||Windows 7 - 10 or macOS Mojave (10.14) or newer|
|Processor||Intel 6th gen i5 quad-core or higher processor running at 3.3GHz or higher|
|Memory||4GB + RAM|
|Camera||Any RGB camera (e.g., embedded computer camera)|
Download ChromaCam Pro
Your GoToMeeting account comes with ChromaCam Pro. If you do not see the "Custom background" setting, your admin may have disabled the feature. Please reach out to your account admin to enable it.
Note: You need admin rights to install ChromaCam. If you cannot install ChromaCam, please contact your IT admin.
- Log in at https://global.gotomeeting.com.
- Click Settings in the left menu.
- Click Custom background and Download ChromaCam.
- Go through the installation flow.
- To access ChromaCam Pro, sign in using your GoToMeeting credentials and Allow LogMeIn to connect to ChromaCam.
- The next time you join or host a meeting, ChromaCam will be available as a webcam device.
Use ChromaCam during a meeting
We recommend testing your webcam before the meeting to choose your preferred background or filter.
- Start or join a meeting.
- Click the Settings icon In the top menu.
- In the Webcam drop-down menu, click ChromaCam.
- Your webcam background will automatically blur.
Note: You can change the blur level in the settings, choose other filters or upload your own customized background.
- Click the Camera icon in GoToMeeting to begin sharing.
What if my computer starts to lag?
If you are experiencing low bandwidth or the GoToMeeting app lags, follow these best practices. Learn more tips and tricks or view ChromaCam's FAQs.
- If you are using the blur filter, switch to another background or lower the blurriness level.
- Close other applications in the background.
- Switch back to your standard camera.