Update the settings on a device as needed; such as who the device is assigned to, the extension number it uses, associated resources, button configuration, and emergency settings.
- If you are not already, sign in to your admin portal.
- From Devices, select the device that needs changes made.
Tip: You can filter the list by choosing a device type.
- Optional: From the Overview tab, change the following:
- Details: Select Edit to make changes to the devices name, extension number or mac number, view the last provisioned date, or reassign the device to a different user. To learn more about adding a phone to a user:
- Products: View licenses attached to the device.
- Associated Resources: View what part of the admin console references this device. Navigate to that resource directly to make changes.
- Optional: From the
tab, change the following:
- General: Choose the name displayed on the device, where in the corporate directory the handset should appear, paging profile zones, and the device password.
Note: Changing the device name will not alter Caller ID. The name feature is not supported on all phones.
- Call routing: This section will only be visible if the device is not assigned to a user (also known as a standalone device). Choose the primary and secondary extensions. Select Edit settings to change settings on the device's direct extension, such as extension number, find me/follow me, recording, voicemail, and virtual fax settings.
- Dialing: This section will only be visible if the device is not assigned to a user (also known as a standalone device). Choose which types of numbers this device can dial.
- Advanced: Choose outbound proxy and phone configuration options.
Note: Enabling the Allow phone to retrieve its configuration option gives the device access to provisioning data. Disable this setting to prevent our provisioning servers from clearing any manual changes made directly on the device.
Tip: Secure calling is automatically enabled for all Tier 1 phones.
- Optional: From the How do I set up button configuration on a phone? for additional detailed steps. tab, choose how the available on-device buttons function. Not all button types are available for every phone model. Refer to
- Optional: From the This feature is being released in a phased rollout and may not be available on your account yet. Refer to How do I assign a device to an emergency location? for additional detailed steps. tab, view or change the emergency location information for the device.
- Select Save when complete.
What to do next
: While on any tab in a device's profile, you can select the
on the top-right to make changes to the details or delete the device. Use the breadcrumbs in the top-left to go back to the list of all devices.