How do I assign a device to an emergency location in the admin portal?
Assign a device to an emergency location so first responders have specific information in the case of an emergency call from that device. This feature is only available in the United States and Canada at this time.
- Sign in to GoTo Admin.
- Select Locations in the left navigation menu.
- Select Emergency locations.
- Select an existing location and then + Assign devices.
- Enter a device name or select devices from the drop-down menu.
Tip: Multiple devices can be added at once.
- Select Add devices.
- Choose a device to add a sub-location or specific callback number.
- In the event of an emergency call, the assigned location, this sub-location, and unique callback number will be sent to first responders.
- Sub-location can also be intentionally left empty.
- If no unique callback number is added, then in the event of an emergency call the callback number assigned to the location will be sent to first responders.
- The unique callback number will fail if the phone number has not completed porting.
- Select Save.
- Verify the emergency location information is accurate by calling 933. Ensure the information you hear matches the information you have entered.