How do I add a device?
Add a device
- Sign in to GoTo Admin.
- From Devices, select + Add device.
- Choose your device type:
- Select User device, if the device is for a user to make and receive calls with a physical device in addition to a softphone.
- Select Standalone device, if the device is to give a user an additional phone for their current line or to add a device that doesn't need a user, such as a fax adapter or GoToRoom devices.
- Enter a Name.
Tip: This is usually the name of the user that will use the device or the name of the room the standalone device is located in.
- Enter the MAC address for the device.
Tip: This 12 digit number is the device's unique identifier and is typically found on the back of the device.
- Assign a license to activate the device:
- User device: Choose a user from the Assign to drop-down menu. If you are unsure of the user, you can skip this step but the device will not be activated until a user with a license is assigned to the device.
- Optional: Standalone device: Enable the GoTo Connect license feature. You can skip this step but the device will be inactive.
- Choose a Model from the drop-down menu.
Tip: If you cannot find your device in the Model drop-down list, you can leave the field blank.
- Optional: Enter Notes as needed.
- Select Save when complete.
- A direct extension number is automatically assigned. A user device will be assigned the user's direct extension number. A standalone device will be assigned a new direct extension.
- You will be shown the device's profile where you can change it's settings.