How do I create a device profile for a fax adapter in the admin portal?
Create a user, line, and device at the same time and link the three together.
PBX Administration (classic)
Create a device profile for a fax adapter
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Users in the left sidebar and then select Add User.
- Enter the fax adapter's First Name, Last Name, and Email.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension Number; change this number as needed.
- Omit the user's extension from directories:
Option Description Omit from Directory Removes the line from all internal directories. Omit from Auto Attendant Extension Dialing Removes the line from auto attendant extension dialing.
- Add the fax adapter to the system:
Option Description Use Existing Links the device to previously created hardware profile. Create New Creates a new device and links it to the new fax adapter.
- MAC Address: PA 12 digit string which is typically found on the bottom of the device.
- Model: You can leave this field blank and it will automatically populate when you provision the device. It is therefore optional for all devices except some paging devices.
- Skip the preset device settings; they aren’t applicable for a fax adapter.
- Select Ok.
- Optional: To optimize the adapter for faxing, select the desired device, go to Hardware, and then toggle on Optimize for Fax.