What's new in the GoTo App?
Keep track of what's going on with the GoTo Application and learn more about the newest features and changes.
Trainings – September 11, 2023
- Search and filter materials in your library. Use the search bar or filter materials by title, URL, date, and uploader
Meetings, Trainings, and Webinars - August 10, 2023
- Improvements have been made to flexible layout:
- Ability to display or hide button labels
- Ability to enable or disable the GoTo app as the "focused app"
- Fixed an issue where notifications did not display in flexible layout mode
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the pop-out window crashed
Trainings - July 17, 2023
- View breakout room details in the Attendee Report. These details include duration time and room details if multiple breakouts took place.
GoTo Mobile App (v2023.05.2) – July 5, 2023
- The camera layout has been updated. This allows users to swipe through shared cameras and take action directly from the user's tile. Staff members are always placed on the main screen view.
- Up to 16 cameras can be viewed at once during the session on the Android app
GoTo Mobile App (v2023.05.2) – July 3, 2023
- Out of Session features available. You can now invite others to a session beforehand, or edit and delete sessions from the mobile app.
Trainings - June 22, 2023
- Poll/Test Results Available Out-of-session — If polls or tests were taken and the results shared during a recorded session on the GoTo app, you can now see and share those results from your training dashboard afterwards.
GoTo App - June 19, 2023
- Fixed and issue where users experienced a lag when using the remote control feature
Trainings - June 13, 2023
- View today and tomorrow's trainings by default in the GoTo app. You can also load the next 7 days or 30 days as desired.
Meetings & Trainings - May 31, 2023
Trainings - May 24, 2023
Meetings & Trainings – March 13, 2023
- Fixed an issue where attendees promoted to organizer were unable to share miro boards in breakout rooms
- Fixed an issue where the in-session settings for "Allow Camera" in the Attendee Permissions panel were not aligned with the permissions set in the Admin Center
- Fixed an issue where attendees moved from a breakout room to the main room were not seeing any shared material, such as miro boards
Trainings – March 9, 2023
- Renamed the Launcher icon to Tools.
Trainings – February 16, 2023
Trainings – January 20, 2023
Meetings & Trainings – November 30, 2022
- Save bandwidth using Efficiency Mode. You can enable efficiency mode before or during a session to save the most important resources such as CPU, battery, and bandwidth.
- Fixed an issue where polls were not displaying consistently in the desktop app
- Fixed an issue where the mac keyboard shortcuts were not properly displaying
- Fixed an issue where the Google Drive sharing was not opening
Trainings – November 24, 2022
- Share Up to 50 Cameras during the Session — Up to 50 cameras can be shared during the training in the desktop app and web. If you are in a breakout room, up to 25 cameras can be shared at once.
Note: If there are more than 25 cameras being shared, we recommend switching to either Active cameras or Who's talking mode.
Meetings & Trainings – November 9, 2022
- Enhanced Noise Suppression — All customers have been enabled with our enhanced noise suppression feature when joining trainings which provides cleaner microphone audio, less noise, and less background distractions. In high load conditions, the noise suppression algorithm with be automatically disabled to help you deal with potential performance challenges introduced by the additional load exerted on your system's resources. Should this feature negatively affect your meeting experience for any reason (Example: You are a music teacher and don't want the additional noise suppression), our Support team can disable the feature on your behalf.
Meetings & Training – October 21, 2022
- Remote Control Added to Primary Toolbar — Presenters can grant and revoke remote control to one or multiple participant from the primary toolbar.
- Add and Store Custom Virtual Background Images — Users can add and store up to 10 custom virtual background images in the GoTo app.
- Improvements to Screen Sharing — When you share your screen, you are given more sharing options such as the ability to optimize for video or to include the GoTo interface.
- Fixed an issue where attendee names were truncated in the People pane
- Fixed an issue where the virtual background camera preview frozen when users switched from a theme to the blur theme
- Virtual background video input size has been increased from 360p to 720p
- The Who's talking filter is default in flexible layout view
- The Mute me automatically setting in the Audio tab has been removed as users are muted by default
- Virtual background is no longer in beta
Meetings & Trainings – September 29, 2022
- View Solutions when Computer is Low on Resources
- Users are prompted to disable cameras when the GoTo app detects low bandwidth or low processing issues.
Trainings – September 26, 2022
- Share a Miro Whiteboard
- Presenters can share a Miro board to collaborate with all attendees in the training.
GoTo Mobile App (v2022.09.2) – September 26, 2022
- Bug fixes and minor improvements
Meetings & Trainings – September 21, 2022
- Test Your Microphone
- You can test your microphone by speaking into the mic and checking the volume meter.
- Fixed an issue where private chat notifications were displayed during screen sharing
- Fixed an issue where the virtual background image was stretched for some MacBook Pro users
- Fixed an issue where users stayed in the breakout room format after the organizer ended it
- Fixed an issue where Mac users with the M2 chip could not use virtual backgrounds
- Fixed an issue where the organizer could not view or control the shared content when they moved from the main room to a breakout room
Meetings & Trainings – September 5, 2022
- Mirror Your Video
- You can disable the "Mirror your video" setting to view an un-mirrored image of your video.
- Fixed an issue where frequent chat messages slowed down app performance
- Fixed an issue where the Skip preview setting did not persist in a future session
- Unplugging a webcam device will not automatically share another device
- Chat list is now sorted by group and alphabetically
- Improvements to device permission messages
Desktop App (v3.30.0) – August 29, 2022
- Updates to the Hardware Acceleration prompts a confirmation dialog before the app restart
- Miro boards open in the GoTo desktop app instead of an external browser
- Stability and performance improvements
Desktop App (v3.29.1) – August 25, 2022
- Fixed a Windows issue where the app didn't start if the AutoConfigURL proxy setting was an empty string
- Fixed a Windows issue where the green "currently sharing" border didn't appear or appeared on the wrong monitor for presenters in a training
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the app froze or crashed due to GPU processing
- Stability and performance improvements
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.42.11) – August 19, 2022
- New GoTo experience setting
Admins can choose how they want to
transition their users to the new GoTo app. The settings in the
GoTo Admin Center (classic) have been updated to the following:
- Required – Organizers will automatically use the GoTo app for future meetings. They will not be able to opt out from the GoTo Meeting Hub. You can choose to send users the app download link manually (by copying and pasting the download link) or automatically via email.
- Enabled by default – Organizers will automatically use the GoTo app for future meetings. This option is not yet available. You can choose to send users the app download link manually (by copying and pasting the download link) or automatically via email.
- Disabled by default – Organizers will need to download the new GoTo app and enable it from the Hub.
- Fully disabled – Organizers cannot download and use the GoTo app.
Meetings & Trainings – August 18, 2022
GoTo App – August 3, 2022
- The GoTo app may require user approval to automatically update to the newest version
GoTo Mobile App (v2022.07.01) – August 1, 2022
- Use Quick Reactions
- Mobile users can react with emojis to participate without speaking.
Desktop App (v3.28.0) – July 27, 2022
- Use .PAC Files for Proxy Configuration on Windows (Admins)
- Admins can use PAC (Proxy Auto-Configuration) files for proxy configurations.
- Issue reporting is only available during the training
- Stability and performance improvements
Meetings & Trainings – July 26, 2022
- Automatically Download Chat Messages
- Users can automatically download chat messages to their Downloads folder as a .txt file after the training is over. Once this setting is enabled, it will be remembered for all future trainings.
- Access Camera-Sharing Menu
- Users can select Camera to automatically share their default webcam device or select the drop-down menu to access other camera options. Options include the ability to:
- Updated zoom controls (zoom in, fit window, and zoom out options)
- Take screenshot icon has been moved above the zoom controls
- Users can be resize the camera grid in the flexible layout
- Meetings details in the top toolbar can be copied to clipboard
- Virtual background is collapsed by default on the Camera preview screen
- The Camera previewscreen includes a link to explain why some sessions cannot skip the preview
- Organizers are displayed first in the webcam tiles
- Users are shown steps to troubleshoot their camera and audio from the Settings pane
- The "Show new chat messages" setting has been renamed to "Show a desktop notification when a new chat arrives"
- ChromaCam has been updated to v3.1.0 which includes 360p input
Meetings & Trainings – July 12, 2022
- Report Issues
- Users can report audio, screen-sharing, and camera issues during the training.
Meetings & Trainings - June 23, 2022
- Save Chat Logs
- Users can manually save training chat logs as a .txt file.