What's new in the GoTo App?
Keep track of what's going on with the GoTo Application and learn more about the newest features and changes.
Meetings & Trainings – November 9, 2022
- Enhanced Noise Suppression
- All customers have been enabled with our enhanced noise suppression feature when joining trainings which provides cleaner microphone audio, less noise, and less background distractions. In high load conditions, the noise suppression algorithm with be automatically disabled to help you deal with potential performance challenges introduced by the additional load exerted on your system's resources. Should this feature negatively affect your meeting experience for any reason ( Example: You are a music teacher and don't want the additional noise suppression), our Support team can disable the feature on your behalf.
Meetings & Training – October 21, 2022
- Remote Control Added to Primary Toolbar
- Presenters can grant and revoke remote control to one or multiple participant from the primary toolbar.
- Add and Store Custom Virtual Background Images
- Users can add and store up to 10 custom virtual background images in the GoTo app.
- Fixed an issue where attendee names were truncated in the People pane
- Fixed an issue where the virtual background camera preview frozen when users switched from a theme to the blur theme
- Virtual background video input size has been increased from 360p to 720p
- The Who's talking filter is default in flexible layout view
- The Mute me automatically setting in the Audio tab has been removed as users are muted by default
- Virtual background is no longer in beta
Desktop App (v3.31.0) – October 20, 2022
- Performance improvements when sharing a screen on Windows
- Redesigned and improved the error page which is shown if the app fails to load due to a network issue
- Stability and performance improvements
Meetings & Trainings – September 29, 2022
- View Solutions when Computer is Low on Resources
- Users are prompted to disable cameras when the GoTo app detects low bandwidth or low processing issues.
Trainings – September 26, 2022
- Share a Miro Whiteboard
- Presenters can share a Miro board to collaborate with all attendees in the training.
GoTo Mobile App (v2022.09.2) – September 26, 2022
- Bug fixes and minor improvements
Meetings & Trainings – September 21, 2022
- Test Your Microphone
- You can test your microphone by speaking into the mic and checking the volume meter.
- Fixed an issue where private chat notifications were displayed during screen sharing
- Fixed an issue where the virtual background image was stretched for some MacBook Pro users
- Fixed an issue where users stayed in the breakout room format after the organizer ended it
- Fixed an issue where Mac users with the M2 chip could not use virtual backgrounds
- Fixed an issue where the organizer could not view or control the shared content when they moved from the main room to a breakout room
Meetings & Trainings – September 5, 2022
- Mirror Your Video
- You can disable the "Mirror your video" setting to view an un-mirrored image of your video.
- Fixed an issue where frequent chat messages slowed down app performance
- Fixed an issue where the Skip preview setting did not persist in a future session
- Unplugging a webcam device will not automatically share another device
- Chat list is now sorted by group and alphabetically
- Improvements to device permission messages
Desktop App (v3.30.0) – August 29, 2022
- Updates to the Hardware Acceleration prompts a confirmation dialog before the app restart
- Miro boards open in the GoTo desktop app instead of an external browser
- Stability and performance improvements
Desktop App (v3.29.1) – August 25, 2022
- Fixed a Windows issue where the app didn't start if the AutoConfigURL proxy setting was an empty string
- Fixed a Windows issue where the green "currently sharing" border didn't appear or appeared on the wrong monitor for presenters in a training
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the app froze or crashed due to GPU processing
- Stability and performance improvements
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.42.11) – August 19, 2022
- New GoTo experience setting
Admins can choose how they want to
transition their users to the new GoTo app. The settings in the
GoTo Admin Center (classic) have been updated to the following:
- Required – Organizers will automatically use the GoTo app for future meetings. They will not be able to opt out from the GoTo Meeting Hub. You can choose to send users the app download link manually (by copying and pasting the download link) or automatically via email.
- Enabled by default – Organizers will automatically use the GoTo app for future meetings. This option is not yet available. You can choose to send users the app download link manually (by copying and pasting the download link) or automatically via email.
- Disabled by default – Organizers will need to download the new GoTo app and enable it from the Hub.
- Fully disabled – Organizers cannot download and use the GoTo app.
Meetings & Trainings – August 18, 2022
GoTo App – August 3, 2022
- The GoTo app may require user approval to automatically update to the newest version
GoTo Mobile App (v2022.07.01) – August 1, 2022
- Use Quick Reactions
- Mobile users can react with emojis to participate without speaking.
Desktop App (v3.28.0) – July 27, 2022
- Use .PAC Files for Proxy Configuration on Windows (Admins)
- Admins can use PAC (Proxy Auto-Configuration) files for proxy configurations.
- Issue reporting is only available during the training
- Stability and performance improvements
Meetings & Trainings – July 26, 2022
- Automatically Download Chat Messages
- Users can automatically download chat messages to their Downloads folder as a .txt file after the training is over. Once this setting is enabled, it will be remembered for all future trainings.
- Access Camera-Sharing Menu
- Users can select Camera to automatically share their default webcam device or select the drop-down menu to access other camera options. Options include the ability to:
- Updated zoom controls (zoom in, fit window, and zoom out options)
- Take screenshot icon has been moved above the zoom controls
- Users can be resize the camera grid in the flexible layout
- Meetings details in the top toolbar can be copied to clipboard
- Virtual background is collapsed by default on the Camera preview screen
- The Camera previewscreen includes a link to explain why some sessions cannot skip the preview
- Organizers are displayed first in the webcam tiles
- Users are shown steps to troubleshoot their camera and audio from the Settings pane
- The "Show new chat messages" setting has been renamed to "Show a desktop notification when a new chat arrives"
- ChromaCam has been updated to v3.1.0 which includes 360p input
Meetings & Trainings – July 12, 2022
- Report Issues
- Users can report audio, screen-sharing, and camera issues during the training.
Meetings & Trainings - June 23, 2022
- Save Chat Logs
- Users can manually save training chat logs as a .txt file.
Meetings – June 12, 2022
- Improvements to Session Recordings
- Caption settings have been consolidated to the CC icon.
- Playback rates are available.
- Cosmetic improvements have been made.
Meetings & Trainings - April 26, 2022
Audio – March 10, 2022
- Dial in and Call Me audio options have been removed for Russia and Belarus
Meetings & Trainings – March 7, 2022
- Share Browser Media Audio
- Presenters on a browser can include media audio when sharing their screen.
Meetings & Trainings - March 3, 2022
- Breakout rooms is no longer in beta and available to all organizers
- In-session layout improvements
- The grab tab and panel position changes are saved for the next screen sharing
- Users joining from a browser are taken to the Camera preview screen after joining a session rather than the pre-session audio flow
- Fixed an issue in presenter mode where all control buttons appeared on a white background with white text.
- Fixed an issue where Google drive sharing only stops in the breakout room where the organizer is present.
- Fixed an issue where all training materials were showing during the session even if the materials were set to show before or after the training
Trainings (Android app v.0.0.1483) - February 23, 2022
- Join Trainings
- Attendees can join Trainings from the GoTo mobile app.
Recordings - February 11, 2022
- Support for FullHD (1080P) cameras
1080p cameras shared during trainings are captured and shown in the cloud recording.
Meetings & Trainings - February 7, 2022
- Give Attendees Remote Control
- Allow others to move the mouse around their screen and use their keyboard for added collaboration. Learn more.
LogMeIn is now GoTo – February 2, 2022
Trainings – December 22, 2021
- Ability to Include Media Sound
- While sharing a video or audio clip, presenters can include the media sound coming from their computer with attendees.
Trainings – December 5, 2021
- Ability to Record to Your Computer
record to their local hard drive.
Note: Recordings are currently saved as .WEBM files in your computer's Documents folder.
Meetings & Trainings – December 1, 2021
- Presenter Mode
- Presenters can go into Presenter mode to shrink the control panel and access the main in-session features from a grab tab.
Trainings – November 18, 2021
- GoTo App Open Beta
- Organizers can enable the new training experience and enjoy the new in-session experience!
Trainings – September 15, 2021
- Cosmetic improvements
Meet – July 8, 2021
- Improvements to Chat
Improvements have been made to the chatting feature including:
- Drafted messages are remembered when users close and open the Chat pane
- Long messages are wrapped
- All attendees receive chats (if sent to everyone)
- The Chat To field has been updated to "Organizer(s) only" and "Presenter only"
- Users who are not logged in can change the display language during the session
- The "Sign in" and "Join" buttons are more visible to users in the pre-session window
- Join updates have been made for users who launch from an unsupported browser
- Users are prompted with a permission window only after remote control is granted
- Resolution improvements when window is resized
- Fixed an issue where the Chat pane did not automatically display the most recent message
- Fixed an intermittent issue where webcams stopped sharing without displaying an error message
Meet – June 7, 2021
- Improvements to Breakout Rooms
Improvements have been to made to breakout rooms. These include:
- Main room is titled
- Attendees cannot chat the organizer if they were not in the room
- Cosmetic and formatting updates
- Fixed an issue where users lost audio when they opened and closed the Settings pane
- Fixed an issue where new audio device was not detected and used during the session
- Fixed an issue where organizers weren't prompted with the "Exit the meeting" dialog during a breakout
- Fixed an issue where raised hands were out of order during a breakout
- Fixed an intermittent issue where Mac users shared their screen without the app displaying it
- Fixed an issue where users could not scroll through camera feed when switching from top to left
- Fixed an intermittent issue where users' cameras were turned off without notification
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the primary controls broke when the browser font size was changed
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.33.0) – June 02, 2021
- New Feature Setting for Using the GoTo Application
- Admins whose accounts have opted-in to the Early Access Program can choose to enable/disable the new feature setting for "New GoTo single application experience", which can be enabled per individual user and/or user group. Learn more about the GoTo Application Early Access Program.
Train – May 26, 2021
- Fixed an issue where attendee attentiveness was not calculated correctly
Meet – May 26, 2021
- Improvements to in-session meeting experience
Improvements have been to made to the in-session meeting experience. Improvements include:
- Enhanced flow for leaving meetings
- The "X is screensharing" label fades after 10 seconds of mouse inactivity
- Localization improvement during breakout rooms
- Breakout room timer is displayed to attendees
- Audio statistics now available
Users can view audio statistics in the Settings pane.
Note: This is a technically advanced report understood mostly by admins.
- Fixed an issue where the app showed an inactive speaker as actively speaking
- Fixed an issue where attendees were shown a "The organizer has ended the meeting" message when they left the session
- Fixed an issue where users couldn't delete a join link from the Meeting ID field using keyboard shortcuts (Ctrl or Cmd + A + Backspace)
Meet – May 17, 2021
- Improvements to scheduling meetings
Improvements have been to made to scheduling meetings. Improvements include:
- Ability to let attendees start the meeting (GTMTWO-609064)
- The "Join a meeting" button is available on all screens
- The format of the date matches the account locale and language
Meet – April 19, 2021
- Ability to break out attendees into multiple rooms
- Organizers can use breakout rooms (up to 50 rooms) during the meeting.
Meet – February 9, 2021
- Ability to view hand queue
- Users can view the order of hands that were raised (up to 5 hands).
Meet – January 18, 2021
- Ability to raise hands during a meeting
- Users can raise their hand to grab the organizer's attention or as a quick polling option.