How do I choose a hold music playlist for my callers?
You can assign a playlist for your whole system to provide consistency for all callers, or you can jazz things up by changing the hold music on an individual phone number, line, ring group or call queue. Remember that hold music does not have to be solely music, it can also include audio files with personalized messages.
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- To set the hold music system wide, click System Settings in the left sidebar.
- From General > Defaults, select the desired Hold Music Playlist and then click Save.
- To set the hold music on a specific extension, click Phone Numbers, Lines, Ring Groups or Call Queues in the left sidebar and then click the phone number or extension that you want to change.
- For a phone number, go to General > Hold Music.
- For a line, go to the General > Inbound Call Options > Hold Music/Ringback.
- For a ring group, go to General > Ringback.
- For a call queue, go to Queue Behavior > Caller Settings > While waiting in queue, callers will hear.
- Select the desired hold music playlist and click Save.