Hold music can help identify you and brand your organization. The playlist that is assigned to your whole system provides consistency for all callers, regardless of where they’re on hold. However, you can also jazz things up by changing the hold music on an individual phone number, line, ring group or call queue. Remember that hold music does not have to be solely music. It can also include audio files with personalized messages.
Set hold music system wide
Change default hold music on a phone number, line, ring group or call queue
1. Log in at my.jive.com/PBX.
2. Click Phone Numbers, Lines, Ring Groups or Call Queues in the left sidebar and then click the phone number, line, ring group or call queue that you want to change.
3. Select the desired hold music playlist.
- To do this for a phone number, go to the General tab > Hold Music section.
- To do this for a line, go to the General tab > Inbound Call Options section > Hold Music/Ringback.
- To do this for a ring group, go to the General tab > Options section > Ringback.
- To do this for a call queue, go to the Queue Behavior tab > Caller Settings section > While waiting in queue, callers will hear.