How do I turn call encryption on and off?
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to:How do I change the settings on a device?
- This feature is supported on Cisco MPP, Polycom, and Yealink desk phones as well as our GoTo app.
- Our voice features, like call monitoring and call recording, still work with call encryption enabled.
- Call encryption may use slightly more bandwidth and will change the network protocol you’re using. As a result, be sure to adjust your network policies as needed.
- If media release is enabled on your network, secure calling will override this setting.
- Secure calling uses TCP protocol. Ensure that port 5062 is enabled on your network.
- You can also enable call encryption from a device profile.
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- From Security, toggle Secure Calling on or off for each phone.
- The phone will automatically reboot. A padlock will appear on the phone’s display when call encryption is enabled.