How do I use the Control Panel?
When you host webinars, you will download the full-feature desktop app on your Windows or Mac computer. This gives you access to all of our great collaboration tools including Drawing Tools, shared keyboard/mouse control, and screen sharing.
Note: This article applies only to GoTo Webinar organizers.
Features and tools
- (a) Mute and unmute yourself – Mute and unmute your audio during the session if you are using one of the built-in audio services.
- (b) Share your screen, change Presenter, and give keyboard and mouse control – Share your screen (desktop, an application, or a document), make someone else a presenter so they can share their own screen, and let other participants control your keyboard and mouse.
Note: Attendees on the browser-based app or mobile app will not be able to take keyboard and mouse control.
- (c) Share your webcam – Preview and share your webcam with others.
- (d) Manage your audio mode – You can switch from computer audio to phone mode (or vice versa) and enable/disable on-hold beeps and entry chimes.
- (e) See the Audience View – See a preview of what your attendees are seeing to make sure your presentation is on point!
- (f) Manage attendees – View and manage all your attendees, invite others to the webinar, add co-organizers so they have full control over the session and/or can continue running the session after you leave, and add panelists so they can have panelist capabilities.
- (g) Sent chat messages – Send messages to all participants or only to staff members.
- (h) Record the webinar – Record the webinar and share the recording for other registrants to view.
- (i) Use Drawing Tools (Windows only) – Use drawing tools to draw on your shared screen and better illustrate points.
- (j) Check the dashboard – Monitor the session at a glance (duration of the webinar, audience attentiveness, and more).
- (k) Launch polls – Ask attendees a question during a webinar then broadcast the results immediately.
- (m) Answer attendee questions – During a webinar, attendees can ask questions. Sort these questions, flag them with priority, and assign them to other organizer or panelists in the session.
- (n) Share handouts – Upload and share handouts that attendees can then download onto their own devices.
Switch between Control Panel and Grab Tab
Even when the Control panel is minimized into the Grab tab, the most critical features remain accessible with just one click: Mute, Share Screen and Share Camera.
- To shrink the Control Panel into the Grab Tab, click the Shrink icon in the left navigation.
- To expand the Grab Tab into the Control Panel (e.g., show all panes), click the Expand icon in the left navigation.