What's new in GoTo Training?
Keep track of what's going on with GoTo Training and learn about our newest features and changes. Please keep in mind that if you do not have the newest version and/or build of the desktop application, you may not see all of the features and bug fixes listed below.
Web - December 2, 2023
Web – October 25, 2023
Web – September 11, 2023
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.47.0) – September 6, 2023
- Remote control for attendees Admins can now configure the "Remote control for attendees" feature to choose between allowing organizers to choose if they want to let attendees have remote control and if so, there is an additional setting to allow attendees make the request. This feature is disabled by default. The following settings are available:
- Enabled - Organizers can choose to share control of their keyboard and mouse with attendees.
- Let organizers choose if attendees can request remote control access.
- Disabled - Organizers cannot share control of their keyboard or mouse in any session.
- Enabled - Organizers can choose to share control of their keyboard and mouse with attendees.
Web - July 19, 2023
- Search and filter recordings. — Use the search bar to find recordings trainings using keywords or filter by publishing status.
Web – July 17, 2023
- View breakout room details in the Attendee Report. These details include duration time and room details if multiple breakouts took place.
GoTo Mobile App (v2023.05.2) – July 5, 2023
- The camera layout has been updated. This allows users to swipe through shared cameras and take action directly from the user's tile. Staff members are always placed on the main screen view.
- Up to 16 cameras can be viewed at once during the session on the Android app
GoTo Mobile App (v2023.05.2) – July 3, 2023
- Out of Session features available. You can now invite others to a session beforehand, or edit and delete sessions from the mobile app.
Web - June 22, 2023
- View poll and test results in your dashboard. If polls or tests were taken and the results shared during a recorded session on the GoTo app, you can now see and share those results from your training dashboard afterwards.
Web – July 20, 2022
- Supported Material File Types — Organizers can upload .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, .pdf, .doc, .docx, .ppt, .pptx, .xls, .xlsx, .txt, .zip, .7z, .rar, .csv, .mp3, .mp4, .avi, .mov, and .wmv file types as materials.
Web – May 13, 2022
- New "Switch to GoTo" Banner — Organizers are shown a banner that explains the automatic upgrade to the new GoTo Training in-session experience.
Notice: The in-session experience will be updated on May 25, 2022. For more information, view How do I switch to the classic training experience?.
Desktop app (v10.19.0, b19950) – April 25, 2022
- Organizers are prompted with the feedback survey after every session
Audio – March 10, 2022
- Dial in audio options have been removed for Russia and Belarus
LogMeIn is now GoTo – February 2, 2022
Desktop App (v10.18.0, b19932) – November 22, 2021
- Support for Windows 11 — Users running Windows 11 can install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Learn more about the system requirements.
- Support for macOS 12 Monterey — Users running macOS 12 Monterey can install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Running the new OS will prompt you to allow screen recording when you share a screen or take a screenshot in GoTo Meeting. If you deny and wish to give permission at a later time, you can do so in your computer's Security & Privacy preferences and restart the app. Learn more about the system requirements.
- Fixed an intermittent Windows issue where presenters could not share their full screen
- Users can discover and try the new GoTo from the GoTo Meeting Suite
- Typo fix
Marketo Integration – October 4, 2021
Profile Management Portal (v1.15.5) & Login Service – September 17, 2021
- Support for Multifactor Authentication
- Users now have the ability to set up multifactor authentication as an added layer of security when signing in to their GoTo account. Users can begin the enrollment process and manage their paired mobile devices within the "Enhanced Security" section on the Sign In & Security page at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once set up, the user will be prompted to enter a code from their authenticator app in order to access their GoTo product account going forward.
Note: If a user pairs their mobile device but disables the Enhanced Security setting, the user may still be prompted to verify their login via the paired multifactor authentication device (which is done via email verification when no device is paired) for security purposes when they sign in to their account.
Previously, multifactor authentication was only supported for GoToAssist Remote Support (v4 and v5) users. These existing users (who have already paired a mobile device with their account) will not be impacted by these changes, and their paired mobile devices will automatically be recognized and listed within the Sign In & Security page, now under the "Enhanced Security" section. However, those GoToAssist Remote Support users will still need to enable the Enhanced Security setting, which will improve their login security by leveraging multiple factor and risk-based scores.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.37.0) – August 27, 2021
- New & Refreshed User Roles
The user roles in the
GoTo Admin Center (classic) have been updated (within the User Details page, per user and on the Add Users page) to the following:
- (New!) Member – An end user with no GoTo Admin Center (classic) access (this role is newly listed but was previously applied when the "Administrator for this account" setting was disabled).
- Manager – A user with GoTo Admin Center (classic) access and selected permissions and specific groups. If no groups are selected, the manager can manage the selected permissions for all users in the account.
- Admin – A manager with all permissions except to manage other admins.
- Super Admin – An admin with all permissions, including managing other admins (this role has been renamed, and previously applied when the "Full access to all account privileges" setting was enabled).
- All permissions available for the Manager role remain unchanged (e.g., Add and Delete Users, Manage Products, etc.).
- Support for Multiple Subgroups and Assignments
The user groups in the
GoTo Admin Center (classic) now support assigning multiple subgroup levels (e.g., Group > Subgroup 1, Subgroup 2, Subgroup 3, etc.), and those subgroups can be assigned to either another subgroup or a parent group (e.g., Subgroup 3 can be assigned to Subgroup 2, Subgroup 1, or Group). Additionally, a tooltip will display the full list of group/subgroup(s) on both the User Details and Manage Users pages if the name of the group/subgroup exceeds the character limit.
Note: Each parent group and/or subgroup name must be unique.
- Previously, only a single subgroup could be created (e.g., Group > Subgroup), and each subgroup could only be assigned to a parent group (i.e., subgroups could not be assigned to other subgroups).
- If a user – who is already assigned to groups/subgroup(s) – has their user group assignment changed within User Details, the user will become unassigned from all existing groups/subgroup(s) and only assigned to the updated group/subgroup(s).
Instant Join App – August 17, 2021
- Fixed an issue where attendees joining from a browser saw PST instead of PDT as the time zone
Desktop App (v10.17.0, b19796) – July 1, 2021
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when users joined a session
- Fixed an intermittent issue where the Windows app crashed when users shared webcams using a 3rd party service
- Fixed an issue where the Mac app crashed on older operating systems when viewing test results
Desktop App (v10.16.0, b19598) – April 26, 2021
- Desktop Notifications No Longer Supported
- Desktop notifications (for app upgrades, discounts, product information and news) is no longer supported. Stay up to date with the latest versions on this article.
- Fixed an intermittent issue where a promoted organizer couldn't share their webcam
- Fixed an issue where the Control Panel became unresponsive during tests, polls, video sharing in full screen mode
- Fixed an issue where late Windows co-organizers could not record the session
- Fixed an issue where shared content (shared screen or poll results) became off-centered when Mac organizers moved the window
- Fixed an issue where the pre-populated Chat message did not disappear
- Presenters cannot share their screen while polls are in progress
- Updated copyright to 2021
Active Directory Connector (v188.8.131.527) – March 10, 2021
- Updated the text for "Jive PBX Extension" to " PBX Extension" in the Edit attribute mapping configuration window.
- Fixed an issue in which the user was not able to resize the Active Directory Connector window.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.29.0) – January 15, 2021
- All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the GoTo Admin Center (classic):
- Seats has been changed to Products on the Manage Users page (for both the Filter category when filtering users and when assigning products to a bulk set of users), updating a user's account role, and within error messages.
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change on the Edit User page when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Logged in and loggedout have been updated to signed in and signed out on the Two-Factor Authentication pane in Admin Settings
- Added feature description to the Custom Field pane in Admin Settings. Learn more about managing custom fields.
- Updated User Status feature so that accurate messaging with further instruction is reflected within their status on both the Manage Users and User Details pages.
- Fixed issue in which the "Status" tooltip window was displayed as transparent on the Manage Users page.
- Fixed issue in which the Custom URL radio button can be selected within the Personal Meeting Room pane in Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which the account name value was missing in user invitation emails.
Desktop App (v10.15.0, b19228) – Jan 7, 2021
- Support for macOS Big Sur (11)
- Users running macOS Big Sur (11) can now download and install the desktop app to start and join sessions! Users running the new OS will be prompted to allow screen recording when they share a screen or take a screenshot in GoTo Training. If users choose Deny and wish to give permission at a later time, they can go into their computer's Security & Privacy preference pane to enable access and restart the GoTo Training app for the permission to take effect.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.28.0) – November 16, 2020
- Updates to "Invite User" Flow
- Admins can now invite users that have an active profile in another account, and those users can choose to accept or decline the invitation. If accepted, their user profile will move to the new account, along with their session history, upcoming scheduled sessions, and recordings. If users do not take action, admins can resend the invitation or delete them. Previously, users (whose profiles already existed in our system) were required to contact Customer Care in order to transfer to a new account.
- Updates to Product Logos for User Statuses
Admins can now easily recognize users who have been invited to join their account but have not yet activated their account by the hollow product logos () displayed for the user under the Product status column on the Manage Users page. Alternatively, when the user joins the admin's account, their product logos are filled in (). Previously, the product logos were filled regardless of status. View more information about changing user statuses.
- The "Delete Users" window includes more details on how to retain user data if needed.
- All references to the following texts have been updated throughout the Admin Center:
- Suppress email notification has been changed to Do not notify users about this change when a user's product access and/or role has changed
- Invited has been changed to Invite sent under the user Status column
- Reinvite has been changed to Resend under the user Status column for re-sending the Welcome email invitation
Desktop App (v10.14.0, b18962) – Nov. 4, 2020
- Localization updates
Profile Management Portal Service – October 23, 2020
- Other Ways to Sign In – Support for LastPass and Apple Accounts
- Users now have the ability to connect their LastPass and/or Apple account to their GoTo product user account at https://profile.logmeininc.com/signin-security. Once connected, users can sign in to their GoTo product account instantly by selecting their connected account on the product sign in screen or on the My Account page at https://myaccount.logmeininc.com. Previously, users could only connect their Facebook, Google, LinkedIn, and/or Microsoft accounts.
Note: As before, if an account admin has enforced SAML SSO (Enterprise Sign-In) as the only sign-in method for all users on the account, those users will not be presented with any additional sign-in options.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.27.0) – October 20, 2020
- Manage Report Access for Agents
Account admins can now
configure the "Access to recordings and reporting" pane in
Admin Settings to choose between allowing agents to access both session recordings and reporting for all users, or only allowing agents to access their own session recordings (which excludes reports). Previously, this account-wide setting could only be configured for session recordings, not reports.
Note: By default, admins are able to view all reports and session recordings for agents.
- Additionally, all existing accounts before this release will continue to be configured to allow all agents to access all recordings and reports, whereas all accounts created after this release will be configured to restrict agents to access only their own recordings and excludes access to reports. However, this account-wide restriction/allowance privilege can be changed for all users within the account's Admin Settings.
- Fixed issue in which scrolling through data displayed tables was not rendering properly when using Safari.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.26.0) – October 01, 2020
- Fixed issue that caused overlapping text when resizing the browser and GoToAssist Remote Support is listed among other products under the New User Settings Template pane.
Classic GoTo Admin Center (v5.25.0) – September 30, 2020
- New Email Templates Available to All Admins
- All account admins are now enabled to use the new Welcome and Assignment Change email templates, which were introduced to most accounts in a previous release. Admins can view and configure these new email templates within Admin Settings under Email Customizations.
Desktop App (v10.13.1, b18705) – Sep. 25, 2020
Instant Join App and Web Portal – Aug. 25, 2020
- 25 webcams now available on GoTo Training
- A training (including activities & breakouts) can now display up to 25 webcam feeds at once. Previously, it was only possible for 6 webcams to be shared at one time.
Desktop App (v10.12.0, b18425) – Aug. 3, 2020
- The Windows Recording Manager has been updated to use the OS API when converting recordings
- Fixed an issue where the Recording Managers sorted the recordings from oldest to newest
- Fixed an issue where texts overlapped in the Viewer
- Fixed an issue where Mac users hit a delay when accessing their meeting preferences
Web Portal – July 15, 2020
- Fixed an issue where users could not log in to their account due to too many redirects
- Fixed an issue where attendees had the ability to download a recording even though downloading was disabled in the organizer account settings