How do I charge my attendees for trainings?
Organizers can charge for trainings and provide registrants with the option to use PayPal, a credit card, or an alternative payment method.
- Set a price for trainings.
- Accept payments in different currencies.
- Allow attendees to pay with a major credit card or PayPal account.
- Allow registrants to bypass online payments for alternate forms of payment outside of GoTo Training (i.e., check or invoice payments).
- Give partial and full refunds when canceling registrations through GoTo Training.
Connect to your PayPal account
- Sign in to your account at https://global.gototraining.com.
- Select Admin Center in your top menu.
- From , select Edit.
- Select Get Started and then review, acknowledge, and accept the pop-up for PayPal Fees and refunds.
- Select Continue to PayPal after reviewing the instructions. This launches PayPal's site where you can continue your setup.
- Sign in to your PayPal account or sign up as needed.
- After reviewing the permissions that will be granted, select Agree and Connect. Then select Go back to be redirected to the Admin Center.
Note: If you do not select Go back, it may take up to 30 minutes for PayPal to finish setting up before you see your account connected in your Admin Center.
- From the Admin Center, find your Merchant ID and can learn more about how payments work, add additional payment options, and customize your refund policy.
Tip: If you need to disconnect from your PayPal account in the future, select Remove next to your Merchant ID.
- Select Save Changes if any changes were made.
Set a price for your training
- From your training dashboard, select an upcoming session or create a new one.
- From the session details page, select Edit next to Registration and Payment Settings.
- From the Payments tab, set your price and then your desired currency using the drop-down menu. You can also select Add Discount Code to add custom discount codes as desired.
- Select Save when you are finished.