What is the Web App?
The web app is a browser-based version of GoTo Meeting that is run entirely online (no downloads needed) so it's quick and easy way to host or join sessions and can be seamlessly used in locked-down environments due to software-installation restrictions. Admins can determine if they want to offer the web app as a join option from their account settings.
For the optimal web experience, use a Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser. Features will be limited on any other browser as they are not officially supported. While most devices have built-in speakers, we also recommend using a headset for better audio quality if you connect via VoIP.
To see the available features on the web experience and how if differs from the desktop app, as well as the system requirements for each, see What is the difference between the desktop app and web experience?
Learn how to do the following on the web experience:
- Start or join a meeting from the browser
- Share your screen
- Share your camera
- Record the session (if an organizer)
- Send chat messages
- Use reactions
- Mute yourself or an attendee (if an organizer)
- Manage attendees (if an organizer)
- Take notes
- View additional settings
- Switch to the desktop app for additional tools and features
Some limitations to be aware of:
- Video sharing is not officially supported on the web experience. While it is technically possible to play a video while screen sharing, the quality and speed of this workaround might not meet your needs.
- Currently, attendees cannot give others remote control or use drawing tools currently.
- If it is your first time joining since it's the easiest experience!
- If your OS is not supported (such as Linux, Google Chrome OS, or an older version of Windows or Mac).
- If you joined via the direct web link, https://app.GoTo Meeting.com
- If you are on the GoTo Meeting Free plan which only allows for the web experience.