Port Existing Phone Numbers
Port existing numbers
- Have a copy of your most recent phone bill.
- Your account is in good standing.
- No freezes or pending orders.
- No disconnected numbers.
- Sign in to GoTo Admin.
- From , select + Port existing numbers.
- Select your Region, then select Next.
- Add your 10-digit phone number(s), then select Add.
Note: You can also select Import numbers to upload a CSV file of phone numbers you would like to port.
- Enable the check box to confirm these numbers are connected to your existing account. Then select Next.
- Select the desired Port date. Then select Next.
Important: Ports can be preformed no earlier than 6 days following the request and no longer than 30 calendar days following the request. Also, ports cannot be performed on weekend days or holidays.
- Use your recent phone bill to enter your carrier's information.
- Optional: Upload your phone bill to help avoid any delays in the transfer process.
- Enable the check box to confirm that this account is in good standing without any freezing or pending orders.
- Optional: Add Caller ID to your phone number(s). Then select Next.
- Optional: Add Directory listing to help make it easier for your customers to reach out to you.
- Carefully review and verify your port order and ensure all the details are accurate before selecting Next.
- Enter the name of the authorized account holder.
- Select Place order.
Result: The request will show up in your Orders where you can track its progress. You will receive an email when we receive a transfer date (a.k.a. Firm Order Commitment (FOC)) from your current carrier. This may take a few days or more depending on your current carrier and the quality of the information you provided in your request.
PBX Administration (classic)
Port existing number
Submit a request to have your phone numbers transferred (or ported) over to us from your previous provider. Only available in the United States and Canada.
- Have a copy of your most recent bill
- Your account must be in good standing
- There can't be any freezes, pending orders, or disconnected numbers on your account
- Be exact. Your information (including your pin number) must match exactly with what’s on record with your current phone service provider. If the information provided does not match, your transfer will be delayed or rejected. Refer to your current bill or contact your current service provider.
- Be patient. Port requests with properly submitted information can take a minimum of 15 business days to process. If there are rejections due to incorrect information or anything else, that timeline will be extended.
- Do not cancel your current service until the ports are all complete.
- Do not cancel your Broadband service as this could cause a delay in starting your service with us.
- Do not cancel your temporary number until the ports are all complete and the ported numbers are routed correctly. When you are ready to cancel a number, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Phone Numbers in the left navigation menu.
- Select Transfer and then choose one of the following options:
- Transfer Numbers to start a new transfer request
- Continue Transfer to continue working on an existing transfer request
- Complete all of the required fields.
Tip: While adding the transferring number(s) to a 411 directory or assigning a caller ID are optional steps, we recommend that you complete these fields. There may be a charge for adding or changing the caller ID or directory listing after the transfer has been completed.
- Select Accept & Submit when you are done.
Result: The request will show up in your Orders dashboard where you can track its progress. You will receive an email when we receive a transfer date (a.k.a. Firm Order Commitment (FOC)) from your current carrier. This may take a few days or more depending on your current carrier and the quality of the information you provided in your request.
- Optional: Order a number for temporary use while you wait for your port to complete. This would allow you to enable a forward on your old system from your porting number to this temporary number to allow you to use your new system sooner.