How do I set up presence monitoring?
Visually monitor the speed dial line keys assigned to your phone to see if a contact is busy or available.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I set up button configuration on a phone?
Before you begin: You must have admin or super admin permissions.
The capacity to presence monitor is dependent on the number of line keys on your phone.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Devices in the left navigation menu and then choose the device that requires presence monitoring.
- From Button Configuration, check Allow this device to monitor the presence of other devices.
- Choose Speed Dial w/Presence as the button type, and then choose the extension to be monitored.
Note: To presence monitor a call parking spot, change the type to Phone Number (icon next to the extension) and then enter *37 + the parking spot number.
- Optional: Edit the button label. Changing this overrides the line name.
- Select Save.
- Power cycle the device to apply the changes.