How do I join a test session?
By joining a test session from your computer, you can make sure that you will have a smooth connection in time for your real training. If you successfully join the test session, you will be able to test your audio and webcam devices and settings.
Please note that a training will not actually begin. Once you see the "You successfully joined a test session and downloaded GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, and GoToTraining window, you may close the app.
Note: This test session downloads the GoToTraining desktop app. In time of the real training, you will be launched in the browser-based GoToTraining app or desktop app depending on the organizer's settings.
- Click the Join Now button.
- You will automatically be launched into session.
- If you see a "Waiting for Olivia the Organizer" screen, then you've successfully joined the test session! You should be able to join all future GoToMeeting, GoToWebinar, and GoToTraining sessions from this computer smoothly. You can now close the "Waiting for the organizer" screen to exit the test session.
- If you do not reach the "Waiting for the organizer" screen, then there was an issue along the way. Make sure you meet all the System Requirements for Attendees, or see Join Help and FAQs for more troubleshooting tips.
- To test your audio, click the Settings icon and choose your device in the Microphone and Speakers outputs.
- Speak into your microphone and make sure the volume bar lights up.
- Click the Play icon to make sure you can hear audio.
- To test your camera, click the Camera icon. A preview will display.
- Click OK, I'm Ready to remember your preferences the next time you join a training.
- You can close this window as you have successfully joined the test session. You will be able to join your next training smoothly!