How do I join a test session?
Although we don't have an end-to-end test session put in place, you can use these steps to download the GoTo app and set your audio and camera preferences for future sessions.
This test session downloads the GoTo desktop app. A training will not actually begin. Once you set your audio and camera preferences in the Camera preview screen, you may close the app. When it's time for the real session, attendees will be prompted to join from a browser or the desktop app.
- Select Join Now.
- From the new browser tab, select Download the app and go through the installation flow. If you already have the app downloaded, select Join in this browser.
Note: If you have the app already and have previously selected Remember my choice, you will automatically be launched into the camera preview as mentioned in the next step. Regardless of the option you select, you do not need to sign in to continue testing your session.
- Once you see the Camera preview screen, you've successfully joined the test session we created!
Note: If you do not reach the Camera preview screen, verify that you meet the View the GoTo Training System Requirements for Attendees.
- From this screen, you can do/test the following if desired:
- Enter or edit your name
- Turn your mic on/off
- Turn your camera on/off and test virtual backgrounds
- Select your audio mode (computer audio, phone, or no audio)
- Test your speakers by selecting Play
Result: When you join a real training on the same device and account, all preferences set in step 4 will be applied automatically.