How do I set up texting on a phone number?
Send and receive text messages from your business number. Only available in the United States and Canada.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Phone Numbers in the left navigation menu and then select the phone number that needs texting enabled.
- Choose the Permissions tab.
- From the Who field, choose a user from the drop-down list that will send text messages from this phone number. Attention: If you do not see the texting tab, it is because the carrier of your phone number does not support texting and MMS. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get help switching your phone number to a different carrier.
- Select the newly added user and then under the Permissions field check Enable SMS. Note: Limit texting permissions to one user per phone number.
- Select Save.
Result: It can take ≈20 minutes before texting is fully functional.
- Optional: To remove a user’s texting permissions, hover over the user and then select .