How do I set up texting on a phone number?
Send and receive text messages from your business number. Only available in the United States and Canada.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I change the settings on a phone number?
Before you begin: You must be assigned the Admin or Super admin role to perform this task.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Phone Numbers in the left navigation menu and then select the phone number that needs texting enabled.
Note: SMS is not available for toll-free numbers.
- Choose the Permissions tab.
- From the Who field, choose a user from the drop-down list that will send text messages from this phone number.
Attention: If you do not see the texting tab, it is because the carrier of your phone number does not support texting and MMS. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get help switching your phone number to a different carrier.
- Select the newly added user and then under the Permissions field check Enable SMS.
Note: Limit texting permissions to one user per phone number.
- Select Save.
Result: It can take ≈20 minutes before texting is fully functional.
- Optional: To remove a user’s texting permissions, hover over the user and then select .