How do I set up texting on a phone number?
Send and receive text messages and MMS (media) right from your business number. Only available in the United States and Canada.
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Click Phone Numbers in the left sidebar and then click the phone number that needs texting enabled.
- From , select the user that will send text messages and MMS from this phone number.Attention: If you do not see the texting tab, it is because the carrier of your phone number does not support texting and MMS. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org to get help switching your phone number to a different carrier.
- Select the newly added user and then check Enable Texting under the Permissions field. Note: Limit texting permissions to one user per phone number.
- Click Save.
Result: It can take ≈20 minutes before texting is fully functional.
- Optional: To remove a user’s texting permissions, hover over the user and then click .