How do I set up a campaign?
Create SMS and MMS campaigns to send custom messages customers in bulk. Available for Customer Engagement Customers only.
Customize your settings before you create a campaign.
- Sign in to our GoTo desktop/web app.
- Optional: To change the phone number the text campaign is sending from:
- Select .
- Select the desired number from the drop-down menu.
- Select Save.
- From , select + Add Campaign.
- Optional: At the top of the page, you can edit the campaign Name any time during the campaign creation process.
- Write your message you would like to send. The following features are available to customize your campaign:
Note: Messages longer than 160 characters will be split into multiple messages.
Choice Description Message Assistant Select the icon to use Message Assistant. Message Assistant will generate a customized message for you based on what your message is about, the tone and campaign type.Notice: By enabling Message Assistant in your settings, you understand and agree the use of this feature is subject to the GoTo AI Terms. Templates Select the icon use an existing template or save your current message as a template for future use. Variables Select the icon and use contact and company variables to personalize your campaign messages. Surveys Select the and choose an existing survey to add to your text campaign. If you haven't created a survey or need to create a new one, click here for instructions. Attachments Select the icon to add MMS files into your campaign message.Note: You can send up to 10 files in a single message with a maximum size of 2MB per message. LinksSelect the and add URL links to your text campaigns and decide how the URL links are displayed and presented to recipients. Enable shorten track link to convert URL links into click-track links for click metrics.Note: See the click metrics on the campaign overview page.
- Optional: If you have not already enabled an opt-out message or prepend a company name, you will be prompted with the option to enable these settings.
- Select Next.
- Select the contacts you would like to send the campaign to:
You have the ability to send a test campaign to a single phone number. There is an associated credit cost per test.
- Contact groups
- Contacts from your contact list
- Import contacts from CSV
Note: Imported contacts will become shareable with your team and can be accessed from .
- Select Next.
- Schedule when you want your campaign to be sent.
- Optional: Choose if you want to send campaigns to contacts with open conversations.
- Select Next.
- Review the campaign for accuracy.
Note: If any changes are needed, you can use the Cancel or Save draft options which will take you to the list of campaigns where you can then select the desired campaign to Edit or Delete before sending (if applicable).
- Select Send campaign. The campaign will have a 12-second timer before it sends to your recipients. During this 12- second window, you have the option to Pause the campaign from sending and either select:
- Resume — Resume sending the campaign.
- Cancel — Cancel the campaign. This will put the campaign into a draft so edits can be made.