How do I add a holiday to a schedule in my dial plan?
Add a holiday (date and time range) to a schedule and automatically let your callers know you are closed.
Note: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I change the settings on a schedule?
Before you begin: You must have admin or super admin permissions. Optional: Record or upload a holiday sound clip to add to your holiday schedule call routing.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Schedules in the left sidebar and then choose the schedule that requires changes or create a new schedule.
- From the Holidays tab, select Add Holiday and then enter a Name, Start Date, and End Date for the holiday.
Note: Holidays do not automatically recur year after year (e.g., you must add Christmas each year).
- Optional: Uncheck All Day and then enter a Start Time and End Time for the holiday.
- Select to save.
- Select Dial Plans in the left sidebar and then choose the dial plan that uses the schedule you just changed.
- Find the Schedule node in your dial plan and choose your desired holiday from the drop-down menu.
- Optional: Add your previously recorded or uploaded holiday sound clip by adding the Play Sound Clip node to your Schedule node's path for When on Holiday.
- Verify all paths of the Schedule utility node for When Open, When Closed, and When on Holiday.
- Select Save.
What to do next: Ensure your users know how to turn on call forwarding a record a holiday voicemail message.