How do I record a sound clip?
Play custom messages to your callers in dial plans, call queues, or call filters.
Record from *14
- Dial *14 from your phone. Note: If you dialed the star code from someone else’s phone that does not have permissions, enter your numerical dialable username given to you by a system admin.
- Enter your dialable password (default 0000). This password is separate from your voicemail password and can be changed by dialing *19 from your phone.
- Record the sound clip.
- Press # followed by:
- 1 to accept the recording
- 2 to listen to the recording
- 3 to re-record
- The recording will then appear in the list of sound clips. It will be titled with the date and time the message was recorded, but can be renamed by a system admin for easier identification.
Record from Admin Portal
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Sound Clips in the left navigation menu and then select Record.
- Select Start Recording.
- Select Stop Recording once you are finished. Tip:
- Use Preview to listen to your recording before saving.
- If you made a mistake, select Re-record to delete the recording and start over.
- Enter a Name and Description for the sound clip.
- Select Save.
- Choose a Normalization Level to ensure consistent volume levels and then select Ok.