How do I set up button configuration on a phone?
Personalize phones, including their attached sidecars, to meet the needs of each user and choose how the available buttons will function.
- Sign in to GoTo Admin.
- From Devices, choose the desired phone.
Tip: You can filter the list by choosing a device type at the top.
- Select Settings > Button Configuration.
Each button type will have a colored icon in the Button field. The color represents device status:
- Blue — Device is online and ready to make and receive calls.
- Gray — Device is offline and cannot make or receive calls.
- No color — Device is not configured.
If your device is showing as gray or no color, verify the phone is properly plugged in, provisioned to your account, and associated with a user that has a license with the phone capability.
- Choose a button Type. Not all button types are available for every phone model.
- Not Configured — No button type is selected. Button will not function.
- Line — Allows you to choose a primary or secondary direct extension. Lines cannot be duplicated on a single phone.
- Line (no ring) — Allows you to choose a primary or secondary direct extension. Lines cannot be duplicated on a single phone. There will be no audible ring on this button.
- Call Park — Assigns the button as a call parking spot to park calls to with presence monitoring.
- Speed Dial — Allows you to add an internal extension or an external phone number as a speed dial.
- Speed Dial (w/presence) — Allows you to add an internal extension or an external phone number as a speed dial that can be monitored visually using the light icon next to the button.
- Buddy Watch — Allows you to add an internal extension or an external phone number as a speed dial that can be monitored visually using the light icon next to the button. For Polycom devices only.
- Custom Defined on Phone — Allows the phone to have functionality manually assigned to the button that cannot be overwritten by provisioning.
- Choose an Extension for each configured button.
- Choose a Label to determine how the buttons are displayed. Enable Label inherit to automatically use the name of the extension previously chosen.
- If prompted, choose an Extension type.
- Verify the button configuration is correct.
- Select Save when complete and then select your resync preference:
- Save — Changes will be saved and applied the next time the phone reboots.
- Save & resync now — Changes will be applied to the device immediately. This may take a few minutes, but will not shut down the device entirely.
- Save & resync overnight — Changes will be applied to the device between 11pm and 3am on the device's timezone. This may take a few minutes, but will not shut down the device entirely.
What to do next: Verify the updated button configuration on the phone is accurate.