How do I create a dial plan?
Create a dial plan using our visual dial plan editor to customize how you handle inbound calls.
The dial plan editor allows you to set up wait times or direct calls to specific voicemail boxes, auto attendants, and ring groups.
Tip: If you already have an existing dial plan, you can clone it, make edits within that copy, and then try it out without altering your original dial plan or starting from nothing. This can be very useful when trying something new!
- Sign in to GoTo Admin.
- Select in the left navigation menu and then select the + Add dial plan button on the top-right.
- Choose if you want to create a new dial plan or import an existing dial plan by selecting a tab.
- If you chose to import a dial plan by selecting the Import tab, upload the dial plan (.xml) from your computer.
Note: Proprietary options, like sound clips, are removed so only the nodes and connections remain once imported.
- Enter a Name for the dial plan.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Select Save and then select the new dial plan to open the editor.
- Drag and drop nodes from the library to the workspace. Learn more about dial plan nodes.
- Drag and drop the circle on each node to another node to connect the call flow. Make sure each circle has a destination or calls will be dropped.
- Complete the settings for each node. Each node has specific settings.
- Select Save.
What to do next: To bring your dial plan to life, route a phone number to it or use it in other dial plans.