How do I create a dial plan?
Create a dial plan using our visual dial plan editor to customize how you handle inbound calls.
- If you are not already, sign in to GoTo Admin.
- Select in the left navigation menu and then select the + Add dial plan button on the top-right.
- Choose if you want to create a new dial plan or import an existing dial plan by selecting a tab.
- If you chose to import a dial plan by selecting the Import tab, upload the dial plan (.xml) from your computer. Note: Proprietary options, like sound clips, are removed so only the nodes and connections remain once imported.
- Enter a Name for the dial plan.
- The next available number will automatically populate the Extension; change this number as needed.
- Select Save and then select the new dial plan to open the editor.
- Drag and drop nodes from the library to the workspace. Learn more about dial plan nodes.
- Drag and drop the circle on each node to another node to connect the call flow. Make sure each circle has a destination or calls will be dropped.
- Complete the settings for each node. Each node has specific settings.
- Select Save.