Setting up Ticketing in Microsoft Teams
An admin must set up the necessary teams that agents and end users can use as communication channels.
Watch this video for a quick overview of the setup process:
Setting up the GoTo Resolve app in Microsoft Teams requires the following:
- Make sure Microsoft Teams is installed on your employees' devices.
- Create the necessary helpdesk services before setting up the GoTo Resolve app. These services will act as escalation paths to the proper support teams.
- Regardless of a user's role in the organization, they must add the GoTo Resolve app to Microsoft Teams.
- An admin must set up the necessary teams in Microsoft Teams. In general, you would create at least one team where the employees in your organization create tickets and another one for agents who support your employees. Setup also includes adding the GoTo Resolve bot to the newly created channels so that employees and agents can communicate with each other.
- Finally, admins must set up channeling between Microsoft Teams and GoTo Resolve.
For information on what you can do as an end user, see Working with Microsoft Teams as an End user.
For information on what you can do as an agent, see Working with Microsoft Teams as an Agent.
For information on what you can do as an admin, see Working with Microsoft Teams as an Admin.