Working with Microsoft Teams as an Admin
Admins, can use the GoTo Resolve app in Microsoft Teams to communicate with other users and set up channeling between Microsoft Teams and GoTo Resolve.
When you are in a team that has been set up to work with GoTo Resolve, type a slash ( / ) character to list the available shortcuts:
- Help - Provides links to our help site.
- Link channel - Configures the current channel to work with GoTo Resolve. When you have multiple companies added to GoTo Resolve, you can select which channel you want to associate with a specific company.
Remember: In Microsoft Teams, you must turn off Channel moderation to be able to link a channel. For more information, see the Microsoft support site.
- Unlink channel - Removes the link between the current channel and the helpdesk service that you've configured. This means that end-users will be unable to create tickets in that channel (helpdesk service) and agents will be unable to manage tickets in that team in Microsoft Teams.
Important: From end-users' perspective, as long as the GoTo Resolve app (that is, the bot) is added to another team, they will still be able to create tickets - on another helpdesk service.
- View service links - See how channels are linked to triage teams and helpdesk services in your company.
- Unlink account - Makes all configured channels unavailable for creating tickets in GoTo Resolve.
Important: You will not be able to update or edit tickets that were previously created in Microsoft Teams.
- Create ticket - Creates a helpdesk ticket. See How do I Create Tickets in Microsoft Teams?