How do I Create Tickets in Microsoft Teams?
End-users can create tickets about issues that require assistance from an agent.
Remember: This feature is not available with a Free subscription. Check out which subscription you need to get the most of GoTo Resolve.
- In Microsoft Teams, do one of the following:
- Go to the Chat menu on the left
- Go to the GoTo Resolve menu on the left
- Type create ticket in the chat field and press Enter.
- Select Create Ticket.
The Create Ticket window appears.
- Fill in the details of your ticket:
- Provide a brief summary of the issue that you have
- Optionally, include additional details that may help resolve your issue
- Set the priority of your issue, depending on how fast you need a solution
- Optionally, select a category for your ticket that may help agents get a better picture of your issue
- From the Helpdesk Service drop-down list, choose the support channel that is most relevant to your issue
- Create your ticket.
After creating a ticket end-users have the following experience:
Results: The ticket is channeled to the agents of the selected helpdesk service. When alerts are configured, both the relevant agents working in Microsoft Teams and the end-user who created the ticket receive a notification of the new ticket. The end-user also receives an email notification. Whenever the ticket is updated the end-user receives email notifications about the changes.
What to do next: Here's what you can do after you create a ticket:
- Add comment - Add a comment to the ticket.
- Close ticket - Closes the ticket. You can still edit the details of the ticket later on.
- Edit ticket - You can edit the summary and priority of a ticket as well as add more details about the issue.
Tip: You can set up alerts when a ticket is created or modified. See How do I Set up Email Notifications in GoTo Resolve?
Article last updated: 11 November, 2022