How do I Start a Support Session from a Ticket in Microsoft Teams?
Agents can initiate support sessions with end-users.
Remember: This feature is not available with a Free subscription. Check out which subscription you need to get the most of GoTo Resolve.
Important: The ticket must be assigned to you to start a support session.
- In Microsoft Teams, choose the team that is set up as a support channel.
- Select the ticket from where you want to start a support session.
- Choose Support session.
The person receiving support has to accept the agent's request, and then download and run the GoTo Resolve app. During the support session, the end-user can pause screen sharing.
- To end the session, select End session.
What can agents do during support sessions?
- Chat with the end-user.
- View details of the remote device, including CPU and memory usage, and system information.
- Add notes and accounting information to the session that are visible in reports.
- Send and receive files.
- Reboot the end-user's computer.
- Switch between end-user's monitors.
- Share your screen with the end-user.
- Close the session.
For more information on the agent's experience during support sessions, see Managing Support Sessions from the Console.
Article last updated: 21 July, 2022