How do I add an extension?
Use extensions to help with call management by adding dial plans, lines (known as direct extensions), ring groups, virtual faxes, shared voicemail boxes, conferences bridges, and more.
A dial plan can be created from the Extensions overview but for detailed steps, refer to How do I create a dial plan?
- Sign in to GoTo Admin.
- From , select Add extension.
- Choose the type of extension you want to create from the drop-down menu.
Note: When creating a direct extension (also called a line), ring group, or shared voicemail, a voicemail box is automatically created and associated with that extension type. You can customize your greeting and other voicemail settings as needed.
- Complete each field of the form.
- Select Save when completed.
- Choose the newly created extension from the overview list to update its settings.
What to do next: To bring your new extension to life, route a phone number to it or use it in a dial plan.