How do I add an emergency location?
Add an emergency location with an address and callback number so first responders have accurate information in the case of an emergency call. This feature is only available in the United States and Canada at this time.
Note: This feature is being released in a phased rollout and may not be available on your account yet.
Before you begin: You must have a phone number available for each location you want to add. If you do not have enough phone numbers, you can order more.
Notice: The emergency location registration process may take up to three business days.
- Sign in to GoTo Admin.
- Select Locations in the left navigation menu.
- If you are setting up a new location:
- Select + Add location button on the top right.
- Complete each field of the form. The fields will vary depending on the region selected.
Tip: If using cardinal directions, use an abbreviation. For example, instead of South, use S.
- Enable the Emergency locationsetting.
- Enter a callback number from the drop-down menu.
- A phone number can only be assigned to one location and that location must be in the same region as the phone number.
- This number will only be displayed when users dial 911 or 933. All other calls will display the outbound caller ID that is set up for that line.
- Select Save.
- If you are registering an existing address with emergency services:
- Select an existing location.
- Select Register location on the Emergency services card.
- Enable the Emergency location setting.
- Enter a callback number from the drop-down menu. A phone number can only be assigned to one location and it must be in the same region as the phone number.
Note: This number will only be displayed when users dial 911 or 933. All other calls will display the outbound caller ID that is set for the line.
- Select Save.
- Check the emergency location's status:
- Use the breadcrumbs at the top to return to your list of locations.
- Find your emergency location's status under the Emergency services column.
- There are 3 possible statuses:
- Registered: The location was successfully registered.
- Pending: Registration is processing and may take up to 4 to 5 business days.
- Failed: The address or callback number is invalid. You must modify or delete this location.
- Optional: Set this new location as the default emergency location.
What to do next: Assign users and devices to this location.