How do I assign a user to an emergency location?
Assign a user to an emergency location so first responders have accurate information in the case of an emergency call from that user. Only available in the United States and Canada.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new admin experience. The article below is meant for admins who use https://my.jive.com/pbx to administer their account. If you're an admin who uses https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I assign a user to an emergency location?
- If you do not assign a specific device or user to an emergency location, first responders only have access to the default emergency location information.
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Locations in the left sidebar.
- Select Emergency locations.
- Select an existing location and then + Assign users.
- Enter a user's name or select users from the drop-down menu. Tip: Multiple users can be added at once.
- Select Add users.
- Choose a user to add a sub-location or specific callback number. Note:
- In the event of an emergency call, the assigned location, this sub-location, and unique callback number will be sent to first responders.
- Sub-location can also be intentionally left empty.
- If no unique callback number is added, then in the event of an emergency call the callback number assigned to the location will be sent to first responders.
- The unique callback number will fail if the phone number has not completed porting.
- Select Save.
- Verify the emergency location information is accurate by calling 933. Ensure the information you hear matches the information you have entered.