How do I join a webinar from a browser?
GoTo Webinar automatically chooses the best join method for you depending on your system and the type of webinar you are joining. However, if you are in a locked-down environment or prefer joining from the web, use this workaround.
- Linux or Google Chrome OS
- Microsoft Edge (most recent 3 versions)
- Google Chrome (most recent 3 versions)
- Try joining the webinar.
- When it is time to join the webinar, open the confirmation email in your inbox or the You're Registered! page. Tip: You can search for firstname.lastname@example.org to quickly filter through your emails.
- Select Join Webinar (confirmation email) or Join this webinar ("You're registered!" page).
Result: If the webinar opens in a browser, you are joined from the web! If you are prompted to download the desktop app or launch the GoTo Opener, close out of the window and follow the next steps.
- When it is time to join the webinar, open the confirmation email in your inbox or the You're Registered! page.
- Add parameters to the join links.
- Go back to the confirmation email or You're Registered! page.
- Copy the join link.
- If you have the confirmation email open, right-click Join Webinar then select Copy Hyperlink.
- If you are on the You're Registered! page, right-click join this webinar then select Copy link address.
- In a Google Chrome or Microsoft Edge browser, paste the join link. At the end of the URL, type in ?clientType=html5 then press Enter. Tip: The Join link will look similar to https://global.gotowebinar.com/join/2057328506534099723/930505186?clientType=html5. This link is not a real webinar but an example!