I can't join my session
If you're having trouble connecting to your webinar, try some of the troubleshooting tips listed below.
First, select the situation that's most applicable to you:
I got an error message when trying to download the software.
If the software installation was stalled or unsuccessful, the most likely culprit is a firewall or browser issue. Whether you're trying to get into the session immediately or you're trying to prepare for a future session, we've got multiple options laid out for you.
See Why isn't the download working? to learn more.
I got an error message when trying to join the webinar.
- The webinar is full. If you are trying to join a session but received a message stating "The GoTo Webinar is full", then the session already has the maximum number of attendees that are allowed. You will not be able to join the session unless one of the attendees who has already joined leaves the session. Learn more.
- You are waiting for the organizer to start the webinar. If you are trying to join a session and see a screen that says "Waiting for organizer", then you have successfully connected to the session! The organizer is the individual who is hosting the session (i.e., they scheduled it and invited you to it), so if you joined the session before they did then you can just sit tight until they get there. We call this the "Hallway", because you have arrived to the session but are still waiting for the organizer to "open the door" so you can come in. Learn more.
- The webinar ID is invalid. If you are trying to join a session and encounter "The webinar ID is invalid" message, it means that the ID you entered does not match with the session you are trying to join because it is incorrect, was mistyped, or the webinar ID has expired. Learn how to fix it.
- The password you entered is incorrect. If you were invited to attend someone else's webinar and are asked to enter a password when joining, it means that the organizer who scheduled the session has password protected it for added security. This does not mean that you need to log in to a GoTo Webinar account – you just need to enter the password that the organizer set. Learn how to fix it.
- The organizer set a join limit. If the organizer restricted attendees from joining from multiple device, there may be delays when switching devices. Make sure you have left the session on your first device before joining from the second device.
I can't download programs on my computer because I'm not an admin.
If you are in a locked down environment and you need to join a webinar, you can join from your browser. See How do I join a webinar from a browser?.
I can see the webinar, but I can't hear the audio (or vice versa).
If you can see the webinar but you aren't hearing anyone speak, you likely just need help connecting to audio. See Why can I see the screen or hear the audio (but not both)?.
If you are able to hear the webinar audio but can't locate the shared presentation on your computer, we can help you find it. See Why can I hear audio but not see the presentation?.