How do I use a ring group in a dial plan?
Give multiple people the opportunity to help your callers through their desk phones and cell phones.
Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new admin experience. The article below is meant for admins who use https://my.jive.com/pbx to administer their account. If you're an admin who uses https://admin.goto.com, please visit our GoTo Admin support site for help.
- Sign in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Dial Plans in the left navigation menu and then choose the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Simple Dial node in the library to the desired spot on the workspace.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Simple Dial node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the ring group that will be used. Timeout Enter the time (in seconds) that the ring group will ring before going to the next node in the call flow. The default timeout is 20 seconds. Next Node Connects nodes to create a call flow.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Select Save.