How do I use a line in a dial plan?
Connect callers to a direct line.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Dial Plans in the left navigation menu and then choose the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Simple Dial or Line & Voicemail node in the library to the desired spot on the workspace.
Node Description Simple Dial Routes the caller to a line. This node ignores any Find Me/Follow Me settings that may be set up on an individual line. Line & Voicemail Routes the caller to a specified line where the user’s Find Me/Follow Me settings are followed. If the user has not set up their Find Me/Follow Me settings, the line will ring for 20 seconds and then go to voicemail.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Simple Dial or Line & Voicemail node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- Complete the following setting(s):
Setting Description Choose… Select the line that will be used. Timeout Enter the time (in seconds) that the line will ring before going to the next node in the call flow. The default timeout is 20 seconds. Next Node Connects nodes to create a call flow.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Select Save.