Understand Session and Account Roles
If you are part of a multi-user account (i.e., an account with more than one organizer), you could potentially hold one or more of the listed roles. If you are part of a single-user account, you hold all the roles (you are the billing admin and can manage your account and product settings from within your account rather than the Admin Center).
View session roles
- This is the basic user role for an account. An organizer has a GoTo Webinar account and manages and hosts sessions that attendees can then join. Organizers have control of all in-session features including starting, recording, and ending the webinar. While scheduling a session, an organizer can designate other attendees to be organizers or panelists. During a session, the scheduling organizer is the default presenter and may either begin presenting or pass the presenter controls to another organizer or panelist.
- Co-organizer (part of the staff)
- The scheduling organizer can add co-organizers before or during the webinar, allowing them to have access to some organizer tools and to help with facilitating sessions (even start the session on the organizer behalf if part of the same GoTo Webinar account). Although co-organizers can access all the same in-session features as the organizer (including post-session reporting tools), they do not have access to other post-session features like archiving recordings and follow-up emails.
- Panelist (part of the staff)
- A panelist is like a guest speaker of a webinar. They can present their screen if given Presenter rights by the organizer, share their webcams, and/or answer questions assigned to them during a session. Panelists can also be given the presenter controls at any time during the session and are able to speak on the conference call by default. Note that Panelists do not need to have GoTo Webinar accounts to participate in web events.
- Presenter (part of the staff)
- A presenter is the person who is sharing their screen with the audience. The GoTo Webinar organizer is always designated as the initial presenter but the presenter role can be easily passed to another organizer, panelist, or attendee. Presenters may also give other organizers or panelists the ability to control their keyboard and mouse.
Attendees do not need an account with
GoTo Webinar to join an organizer's session. They do not have or need any login information and have very limited control once in session. By default, attendees can view the presenter's screen but is initially muted (in listen-only mode) to minimize background noises that would detract from the presentation. Organizers can
unmute a single or all attendees if needed.
During the session, attendees can ask questions, download handouts, take polls and surveys, chat (by organizer request) and be promoted (by organizer request).
View in-session user comparison chart
|Feature||Attendee||Panelist||In-session co-organizer||Host-only co-organizer||Co-organizer||Organizer|
|Chat||(with organizer permission)|
|Edit webinar details|
|Start and end webinar||(if part of the same GoTo Webinar account)||(if part of the same GoTo Webinar account)|
|Build reports after the webinar||(if part of the same GoTo Webinar account)|
View account roles
The account administrators are organizers with special privilege and access to the Admin Center where they can add and manage the organizers in the account. They can also update product settings and manage reports for the account. Note that there is no limit to how many organizers can be account admins for any given GoTo Webinar account.
The billing contact is an account administrator with special privilege to the account's subscription plan. They can change plans, modify the billing information and manage other account settings. Note that only one account admin can be the billing admin for any given GoTo Webinar account.
View user comparison chart
|Feature||Attendees||Panelists||Organizers||Account Admins||Billing Contact|
|Schedule and host sessions|
|Manage personal settings|
|Add and manage other organizers|
|Manage account-wide settings|
|Change subscription plans|
|Change billing information|