How do I send chat messages and save chat logs? (Classic)
You can exchange instant chat messages with other participants during a session. If desired, organizers can save a chat log after the session ends to review messages later or download the log if the session was recorded.
Chat with others
Attention: We have a new GoTo app! This article covers the classic GoTo Meeting experience. View How do I send chat messages during a session? for the new GoTo.
- Select the Chat icon in the top toolbar.
- Use the "Send to" drop-down menu to choose the recipients of the message.
- Everyone – All participants will see the message in their Chat pane.
- Organizer(s) only – All organizers will see the message in their Chat pane.
- Individual attendee – Only the selected organizer or attendee will receive the private message.
- Type your message, then select Send.
Save the chat log
Organizers and co-organizers can save a log of the chat messages as a Rich Text file (.RTF). The log only includes messages that you saw – any private message sent between other attendees will not be included. Alternatively, you can download the chat transcript if the meeting was recorded.
Attention: We have a new GoTo app! This article covers the classic GoTo Meeting experience. View How do I save and access chat messages? for the new GoTo.
- Select GoTo Meeting in the toolbar, then Save Chat Log.
- Choose a location on your computer and change the name if desired.
- Select Save.