How do I set up email notifications and other voicemail options in GoToConnect?
Set up email notifications to alert you when a voicemail is received, and even attach the recording so you can listen to it from anywhere. Plus, you can determine your message recording options and change your password all without ever touching your phone.
- Click in the left sidebar and then choose Settings.
- From Voicemail, check Enable voicemail-to-email notifications and then enter the email address to receive new message notifications. Note: You can only send notifications to a single email address. If you need to deliver your notifications to a group, use an email alias (e.g., email@example.com) or create an auto-forward rule in your email client.Tip: Use a specially formatted email address provided by your cell phone carrier to send notifications via text message (SMS). Check with your carrier for more details.
- Turn on Email voicemail recordings and then choose the format:
Option Description .wav49 Smaller file size (default, recommended). .wav Larger file size, better compatibility with mobile devices. Option Description .wav49 Smaller file size (default, recommended). .wav Larger file size, better compatibility with mobile devices.
- Turn on Delete messages after emailing voicemail. Note: Deletion is permanent (we cannot retrieve deleted messages) and will prevent voicemail management from your phone, GoToConnect, and Jive Mobile.
- Turn on Allow message review to give your callers the option to press # to listen to their message and optionally re-record it. Note: There is no prompt for your callers to press # after recording their voicemail. You will need to include these instructions in your greeting.
- Turn on Escape to operator and then choose an extension to allow your callers to press 0 to be transferred, rather than leaving a message.
- Click Change password to change your voicemail password.
- The default password is 0000.
- Your password must be at least four digits.