How do I use a dial by name directory in a dial plan?
Allow callers outside of your organization to have the option to search for their destination party.
Important: Please excuse our mess while we improve your admin experience! We are in the process of migrating all accounts to the new GoTo Admin. The article below is meant for admins who use PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx. If you're an admin who uses GoTo Admin at https://admin.goto.com, please refer to: How do I use a dial by name directory in a dial plan?.
Before you begin:
- You must be assigned an Admin or Super admin role to perform this task.
- Create and set up the dial by name directory you want to use.
- Sign in to PBX Administration (classic) at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- Select Dial Plans in the left navigation menu and then choose the dial plan you want to edit.
Result: The dial plan editor will launch in a separate window.
- Drag and drop the Directory node from the left navigation menu to the desired spot on the canvas.
- Drag and drop of the previous node to the left side of the Directory node, connecting the nodes to prevent dropped calls.
- In the Choose field, select the directory that will be used.
- Continue to build the call flow.
- Select Save.