Set up auto-queue callback to allow callers to hold their place in a queue without having to remain on the line. Available for Core, Complete, and Support Center (post June 9th, 2020) customers.
About this task
- There are current limitations to note:
- The pre-recorded prompts and the key in code (#) cannot be customized. They are available in english only.
- If the caller does not have a valid caller ID, they will not be offered the callback option, regardless of the wait time threshold being exceeded.
- The prompt inviting them to opt-in to the callback will only be played once. A customer can press # any time after the prompt to accept.
- The prompt will not include the estimated wait time.
- This can also be done from the Contact Center tab inside of the admin portal.
- Sign in to our GoTo desktop/web app.
- From Auto-Queue Callback enabled. , select the queue that needs
- From Queue Callback. , enable
- From Caller Wait Time Threshold, enter the desired amount of time for the threshold in seconds, minutes, or hours. This must be a value greater than 0. Alphabetic characters are not accepted.
Important: This setting means that when the average wait time in the queue from the past 15 minutes exceeds the threshold you set, the callback option will be offered. If there have not been calls in the last 15 minutes, the average wait time is below the threshold, or there are agents available in the queue, the callback option will not be offered.
- From Caller ID to display to callers, select which phone number you want callers to see when the queue calls them back.
- Select which types of phone numbers you want to allow the system to call. This will override the dialing permissions of agents and users logged into the queue.
- Click Save when complete.
What to do next
: Ensure your supervisors know they will see a callback tag on the entry in the
table of the queue detail page inside their
when a caller has opted for a callback. Ensure your agents know how to
handle a callback request