How do I change my call queue settings?
Customize your settings for each call queue to optimize its performance and achieve your needs.
- Sign in to our GoTo desktop/web app.
- From Tip: You can use the bubbles to filter your call queue list. Assigned call queues will show you all queues that have at least 1 supervisor and 1 agent assigned. Unassigned call queues will show you all queues that do not have any supervisors or agents assigned yet.
, select the queue that needs changes made.
- Details — Click Edit to make changes to the name, extension, or queue type where applicable.
- Associated Resources — See what part of the admin console references this queue. Navigate to that resource directly to make changes
From the Settings tab, change the following:
- Choose your omission preferences. If using an ICR queue, you will also see a setting to allow callers to be dispatched when there is no match between caller need and agent skills.
- Ring Strategy
Formally known as Ring All Agents
All agents available at the time the call enters the queue will be rung. The call will be routed to the first agent who answers their phone. Fewest Answered
Formally known as Ring Fewest Call Agent
Prioritizes the available agent who has answered the fewest amount of calls within the past 24 hours. Fewest Sent to Agent
Formally known as Ring Agents Fairly
Prioritizes the available agent who has received the fewest number of calls within the past 24 hours. Longest Call Wait
Prioritizes the agent who has waited the longest duration since their last inbound or outbound call.
Longest Inbound Wait
Prioritizes the agent who has waited the longest duration since their last inbound call (including callback).
Formally known as Ring Random Agent
The call will be routed randomly to an available agent.
- Pre-call announcement — Enabling this setting will allow you play a message for agents to hear before they are connected with a caller.
- Report caller hold time
- Connect timeout
- Wrap up time
- End agent wrap up
- Ring active agents — Choose when agents actively on a call can receive additional incoming calls: Never, On personal calls, or On all calls.
- Log out unregistered agents
- Log out agents when they miss a call
- Ignore forwarded devices — Enabled by default, this setting will disregard any devices where a forward has been set up.
- Queue Callback — Choose if you want to enable our auto-queue callback feature.
- Activate SMS auto-reply for abandoned calls — Automatically send an SMS message to callers when they abandon the queue. Select the chat queue phone number to link to the call queue and setup the auto-reply message.
- Max callers
- Custom ringback music
- Allow new callers into empty queue
- Remove callers when queue has no agents
- Periodic announcement message
- Periodic announcement frequency
- Position announcement — Basic queues only
- Position announcement frequency — Basic queues only
- Say hold time — Basic queues only
From the Supervisors tab, choose which users you want to assign the supervisor role to for this queue.
From the Agents tab, choose which users you want to assign the agent role to for this queue.
From the Logged-In Users tab, choose which users to log in to this queue (these users do not have access to the agent tools because they are not assigned the agent role).