How do I assign skills to an agent?
Assign skills to an agent to more efficiently match the right agents with callers, according to the selections the caller makes prior to entering a queue. This feature is currently only available for Support Center (if purchased as of June 9, 2021 or later) and GoTo Contact Complete plans.
Skills are part of our Intelligent Call Routing enhancement for call queues. The skills you assign to your agents will be what you choose from in the caller info nodes when creating your dial plan and recording your sound clip for the option menu your callers select from.
- Log in with one of our platforms:
Log in Steps From GoTo
- Log in to our softphone app.
From Admin Portal
- Log in at https://my.jive.com/pbx.
- From the left sidebar, select Call Queues & Contact Center.
- Click .
- To create a new skill or assign an existing skill to an agent:
- Type the new skill name or select an existing skill in the Skill box. You can select multiple existing options at a time.
- Select one or more agents to assign these skills to. You can scroll through the list or use the Agent search box.
- Click Assign when complete.
- To see agents assigned specific skills:
- Select one or more existing skills in the Skill box.
- Toggle on Only show agents with the selected skills.
- To remove a skill from an agent, click the X next to the skill(s) you want to remove.