Enhanced 911 migration FAQs
Discover what has changed, what actions you need to take, and other common questions regarding our new self-serve, emergency callback and location system. This feature is only available in the United States and Canada at this time.
Jump to a frequently asked question in this article:
- What changed?
- How do I know if my account has been migrated?
- What if my migration failed?
- What do I need to do?
- Why do I see duplicate addresses in my locations?
- Why aren't all of my phone numbers listed as callback numbers?
- Is there a way to make bulk changes?
- How do I know which location is my default emergency location?
- Why is my location in a "pending" state?
- How do I add a specific building or room to an emergency location?
- What happens when my users travel?
- How do I view which devices are not assigned to an emergency location?
Now — You can make changes to your emergency information from within the admin portal, without any additional charges. We did not change the way your 911 works, the migration only compiled all of your outbound emergency phone numbers with their associated addresses that we had on file, and put them in your admin portal. If you notice that a device is not where it should be or an address is incorrect, most likely, it has always been incorrect.
How do I know if my account has been migrated?
What if my migration failed?
We have learned that a few accounts were not successfully migrated due to an invalid setup. We will contact you when we have corrected the setup and we are ready to fully migrate your account.
What do I need to do?
- Incorrect information? You can create new locations, delete old locations, and assign users/devices to the correct location all from within the portal. For detailed steps, refer to How do I manage my emergency locations?. When complete, select Enable now located in the banner.
- Correct information? Select Enable now in the banner.
Why do I see duplicate addresses in my locations?
Why aren't all of my phone numbers listed as callback numbers?
The migration took all of your used outbound emergency phone numbers on file and displayed them in the portal as callback numbers along with their corresponding addresses that you provided.
Is there a way to make bulk changes?
How do I know which location is my default emergency location?
You can view and/or modify your default emergency location in System Settings. For detailed steps, refer to How do I set a default emergency location?.
Why is my emergency location in a "pending" state?
How do I add a specific building or room to an emergency location?
What happens when my users travel?
- We recommend users call 911 from their cellular phone whenever possible for the most accurate location.
- If the user dials 911 through the GoTo app from their cellular phone, the cellular network will override this emergency location and use the GPS coordinates instead.
- If the user dials 911 from their laptop through the GoTo app, this emergency location would be dispatched to emergency services.